Displaying numbers or names in 3D match engine

Are there ways to display numbers or names for all players in 3D match engine? My current setting only displays the players near the ball, but it seems to be inconsistent for defensive players. Often times, I do not know who's the defender that lost the marking or missed the header.

My graphics setting is auto and I have 1/5 stars for 3D capabilities.

I would really like to have some toggle-like function to show all the names of the players on the pitch.

There is one, it can be found here: Preferences - display & sound - show player names.

As for getting the numbers to show up, you will need to change the graphical detail to high to see them, which might mean the 3D view is no longer smooth to watch.

There is one, it can be found here: Preferences - display & sound - show player names.

As for getting the numbers to show up, you will need to change the graphical detail to high to see them, which might mean the 3D view is no longer smooth to watch.

Doesnt that option just show the players near the ball like in the OP? Is there an option to show ALL players regardless of where they are?

That only shows the player in possession in the bottom corner, I think the OP wants all the players on the pitch to have their name displayed above them, like what happens when you click on a player when watching the 3D.

Doesnt that option just show the players near the ball like in the OP? Is there an option to show ALL players regardless of where they are?

It might well do, I'm probably wrong there. I haven't used that feature for a while, I'm sure it used to show all the names?

It might well do, I'm probably wrong there. I haven't used that feature for a while, I'm sure it used to show all the names?

I think it did in previous version. And wasnt there also options to show either Names, Numbers or Both in previous versions of the game? But now they are gone?

I honestly don't remember that ever being there.

I may well have imagined it then, or as mentioned it could have been on the 2D view.

I'me sure I've seen it somewhere though, as I remember thinking it looked a bit messy. Was it removed with a patch perhaps?

I may well have imagined it then, or as mentioned it could have been on the 2D view.

I'me sure I've seen it somewhere though, as I remember thinking it looked a bit messy. Was it removed with a patch perhaps?

Yeeah that rings a bell actually...

(on the 2D view I mean)

You can do this, but it's a bit crap usability-wise.

Hold down Ctrl and click on all the players on the pitch whose names you want to display continuously.

Edit: While we're on the topic, I'd like the various widgets to display at least both the player's number and their name, so I know who's who without having to click on half the opposition players or go to their profiles to find out what number they have.

You can do this, but it's a bit crap usability-wise.

Hold down Ctrl and click on all the players on the pitch whose names you want to display continuously.

Edit: While we're on the topic, I'd like the various widgets to display at least both the player's number and their name, so I know who's who without having to click on half the opposition players or go to their profiles to find out what number they have.

Wow, that is awesome. I've played hundreds, maybe thousands, of matches but never knew about this feature. Thanks!

Archived