Different Kits/Sponsorship Deals

I'm bored in work brainstorming while high on fumes from digital printing eco solvent inks all day. So bare with me..

I know we have the ability to put kits into a game, But I've seen quite a few fantasy kits knocking about. Would be interesting if we could have the ability to create new folders for each season and put our own fantasy kits in?

Or even SI could make there own Sponsors (or get permission to use some of the ones they have on the ad-boards) and have the sponsors layered onto the kit templates? and even have the standard badges on the kit.

Regarding sponsorship deals at the end of the year when your new sponsors are announced it would be fun to see who they are with, even if it is random made up companies.

Could potentially be a fair bit of hard work, or not even possible.

Couldn't find anywhere for FM2012 ideas, or ideas for future releases in general. *Waits to be caned*

I personally would like to see the kits changed/tweaked every season or 2 by the game automatically.

Not a huge impact on the game but would just be a nice touch and a little bit more of reality added.

Nothing worse on the Information Screen than looking at the same old drab kit week in week out.

Kits cant be changed due to licensing issues. But if you want to change the kits yourself, you could always make your own. There is a handy little kit designer tool that somebody created. I cant remember the name of it but maybe a search of google will help.

I personally would like to see the kits changed/tweaked every season or 2 by the game automatically.

Not a huge impact on the game but would just be a nice touch and a little bit more of reality added.

Nothing worse on the Information Screen than looking at the same old drab kit week in week out.

It would be quite cool to get an email at the end of the season with an unveiling of the new kits.

I am sure that SI can get around the kits issue by just using generic kits with no sponsorship, i.e. just colours.

It is very unrealistic 10 years into a game to have exactly the same kit and sponsorship.

Isn't a big issue just one of them small details.

I'm usually against things like this, but I actually like the idea of kits changing in the future. Maybe the home kit should stay the same, since teams usually keep the same one for 2 years and only tweak a little, but away/3rd kits could get a new colour/design each season.

I know there are licensing issues, and we can change kits in the editor if we wish, but I'd like the option of changing things during a save game, and perhaps news about increased revenue from sales of the new kit.

Archived