Starting stats for players.

Firstly, my apologies for possibly have missing a post stating the answer to this query. Although if you could think of a better search string than - amateur stat start game player - I'll eat my shoes.

I generally play LLM style, but started off in a little different manner this time around. Database chosen was all levels of England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Holland, N.Ireland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Australia, Argentina and Brazil. Something like 50 leagues total when including same tier divisions with maximum detail on all cups, both domestic and international.

At first I started unemployed at Sunday League experience. The team who accepted me was Chimney Corner of N.Ireland, the lowest (according to media predictions) club in that country. I used the Brazil 2009 date to start as I wanted to allow it to holiday right from the earliest point of the leagues chosen. When I noticed that I was hired about 7 months before the start of the N.Irish season, I had second thoughts about holidaying that length of time or doing nothing but scouting coaches and players.

Thus I decided to start from the N.Ireland date and just choose Chimney Corner with the same experience. About half way through the season I realised a fundamental aspect of my start-game process had been left out and began another game from the same date, against the LLM ethic of no reload and no using players you've got prior knowledge of. Oopsy-daisy. :p

The first thing I noticed was that the players' stats were different... and I mean really different. Not the kind of difference you can produce after 6 months of training. Players who previously had jumping of 5 now have jumping of 10-11. An example:

ConnorMurray1.png

ConnorMurray2.png

All of Chimney Corner's squad are on amateur contracts (not including youth players, of course). I assume this is the reason the team's squad appears to be artificially constructed. The player in question is common, meaning that he's the same age and position in the senior squad of the same team. He also doesn't have a newgen face.

Is it that lower leagues contain 'shell' players whose stats are distributed differently for each new game?

Is this guy a regen 'host' who gets 'incarnated' with a randomly-selected retiree's 'soul'?

Archived