Asian League rankings

Well, as there are no coefficients in Asia I actually have no idea what they base they "Dynamic League Reputation" on in Asia. It seems to based on how many teams are in the later stages of the Champions League. However as there are no coefficients and hence the number of teams in the Champions League is static, this leads to the competition rankings being completely dominated by Western Asia because of the number of teams that they have qualifying for the Champions League. However, in real life Japan and Korea are the best leagues in Asia, but this is no at all reflected in game.

What's more annoying is that the screen that tells you the number of teams qualifying for the Champions League is cosmetic and inaccurate. It claims that 2 Australian teams qualify for the qualifying rounds for the Champions League, but in actual fact 2 teams qualify directly for the league stage. It says this about other leagues too.

Its just buggered!

Well, as there are no coefficients in Asia I actually have no idea what they base they "Dynamic League Reputation" on in Asia. It seems to based on how many teams are in the later stages of the Champions League. However as there are no coefficients and hence the number of teams in the Champions League is static, this leads to the competition rankings being completely dominated by Western Asia because of the number of teams that they have qualifying for the Champions League. However, in real life Japan and Korea are the best leagues in Asia, but this is no at all reflected in game.

What's more annoying is that the screen that tells you the number of teams qualifying for the Champions League is cosmetic and inaccurate. It claims that 2 Australian teams qualify for the qualifying rounds for the Champions League, but in actual fact 2 teams qualify directly for the league stage. It says this about other leagues too.

Its just buggered!

Good post. It is a good explaination of the issue with Asian Leagues

Its just buggered!

Do you mean there are none in real life or just none in the game?

Just asking really because i had planned on doing a save in that part of the world.

No, in real life and in the game Australia gets 2 group positions. However in this qualification places list it gives it says Australia get two teams into the qualifying rounds, which is wrong both in the game and in real life. As I said, its a cosmetic feature that is actually wrong.

Further to the point above the AFC makes the decisions on how many spots each league gets. It wouldn't be fair if Australia got more than two spots when there are only ten professional teams in the country. Because the Australian league is of a good standard (compared to other Asian leagues) then their sides go straight into the group stages. I think what Some Guy! stated above makes the most sense for one of the issues in Aisa. The other thing I can think of is there is a lot more 'big' leagues in west Asia and the way the ACL is set up is that in the group stage the west plays against only teams in the west while the same happens in the east. As such, Iran, Saudi, UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain etc. constantly play against strong teams with lots of money whereas the east has China, Japan, South Korea and Australia as the only east regional powers with Japan and Korea being the only financial powers.

Maybe for FM there needs to be a psuedo-ACL co-efficient that doesn't change ACL team numbers from each country but averages the finishes for each team from a particular country and grades the league on the same scale.

The league rankings for the AFC IRL are a bit of a farce anyway too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Champions_League

Some Guy, the rules have changed from this season that the final will be held at the home of one of the finalist. Apparently.

Personally, I think the AFC Champions League (the real one) are a complete mess.

so the issue is as much to do with the rules in real life as it is to do with the way they are implemented in FM?

If it is decided by a committee then it would be very difficult to programme into the game, shame because i was looking forward to going to China or Japan for a change.

The league rankings for the AFC IRL are a bit of a farce anyway too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Champions_League

Some Guy, the rules have changed from this season that the final will be held at the home of one of the finalist. Apparently.

Personally, I think the AFC Champions League (the real one) are a complete mess.

Sure, that explains why the game said that it was to be in Japan...

so the issue is as much to do with the rules in real life as it is to do with the way they are implemented in FM?

If it is decided by a committee then it would be very difficult to programme into the game, shame because i was looking forward to going to China or Japan for a change.

The League rankings however is entirely a game concept and they are what is completely out of whack. I can live with the static CL places, but the fact that Australia, Korea and Japan are seemingly condemned to be considered worse each successive year is just plain stupid!

Also, the game can create a pseudo system that would mimic what would happen in real life.

Sure, that explains why the game said that it was to be in Japan...

The League rankings however is entirely a game concept and they are what is completely out of whack. I can live with the static CL places, but the fact that Australia, Korea and Japan are seemingly condemned to be considered worse each successive year is just plain stupid!

Also, the game can create a pseudo system that would mimic what would happen in real life.

How many seasons have you played? How well have the other teams in the leagues done in the comps? I found playing in scotland that for the first few years the league dropped, but now 13 seasons in i am seeing a good progression, it did take a long time tho, i dont see why the leagues in asia would only drop and never get any better, the system surely cannot be that different to how it works for european teams.

How many seasons have you played? How well have the other teams in the leagues done in the comps? I found playing in scotland that for the first few years the league dropped, but now 13 seasons in i am seeing a good progression, it did take a long time tho, i dont see why the leagues in asia would only drop and never get any better, the system surely cannot be that different to how it works for european teams.

7th season...The other Australian teams have done okay, in fact the most recent final was Brisbane v Newcastle...

Interestingly enough Korea have had 8 teams in the quater finals over the time of the game with the next best being Saudi Arabia, Iran, Japan and Australia on 5 and yet Korea is now down to number 10 whilst Australia are even below that.

The people who made this Dynamic System for Asia failed badly. Man, if only I could be [removed]!

I just think the whole DLR thing for Asia got very messed up, because league reputation in Asia is VERY subjective (some say that Singapore's League is among the top 10 in Asia. Yeah right. We aren't even League One level).

There's no real 'ranking' for Asian leagues IRL, so it's hard to determine them in game too.

Archived