Why SI has a stubbornness about releasing a new patch ( 11.4 ) ?

I couldn't understand this situation about years. There is a lot of bug in the game and every time you say : " will be fixed in new FM version "

Now I'm asking : Maybe I won't buy FM 2012 ? I have to play FM 2011 with bugs ?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now I'm asking : Maybe I won't buy FM 2012 ? I have to play FM 2011 with bugs ?

simply put, yes. They have done what they stated they would and released 3 patches, its always only 3 patches, they cannot carry on with FM11 indefinitely so there has to be a cut off point, otherwise there will be no FM12. I know your annoyed by the Turkish youth players problem, but they cannot fix everything at once, even if we all would like them too.

11.4 = 12.0

I really hope it is.

I'd love a completely bug-free FM11 and I'd pay another £25 for it.

Obviously I'd like some features like changes to the media side of the game, but that's it, really.

I really hope it is.

I'd love a completely bug-free FM11 and I'd pay another £25 for it.

Obviously I'd like some features like changes to the media side of the game, but that's it, really.

I was being sarcastic!

12.0 will fix 11.3 bugs but will have lots of new bugs to compensate.

Also don't understand the point of customers aiming low.

Cant see why they would be concentrating on fm 12 so much now, its the same concept every year with a few added tweaks, the biggest part of the game is the database and that cannot be done untill the end of the season when the majority of transfers have gone through and teams have been relegated promoted etc. You would think they could have sorted the ME by now as its not like they bring out a new game every year its just an update, apart from a few tweaks and little additions like this years match prep the game is virtually the same game as it was 3 years ago.

Cant see why they would be concentrating on fm 12 so much now, its the same concept every year with a few added tweaks, the biggest part of the game is the database and that cannot be done untill the end of the season when the majority of transfers have gone through and teams have been relegated promoted etc. You would think they could have sorted the ME by now as its not like they bring out a new game every year its just an update, apart from a few tweaks and little additions like this years match prep the game is virtually the same game as it was 3 years ago.

:rolleyes:

Of course, they do nothing between March & August and they just start working on the next release in September.

Do you really think it only takes 6-8 weeks to make FM?

:rolleyes:

Of course, they do nothing between March & August and they just start working on the next release in September.

Do you really think it only takes 6-8 weeks to make FM?

of course it does, they never really add any features, never improve the ME, never change anything in the game really, it should take them no longer than a month to make a new FM..................................yeah...........

This argument comes up so often, and its always from people who do not understand the makings of an FM game or appreciate what goes into each version, but its pointless arguing with them.

simply put, yes. They have done what they stated they would and released 3 patches, its always only 3 patches, they cannot carry on with FM11 indefinitely so there has to be a cut off point, otherwise there will be no FM12. I know your annoyed by the Turkish youth players problem, but they cannot fix everything at once, even if we all would like them too.

They won't write a new game completely for FM 2012. That will be only a new version 12.0 or something like that a tweaked version of FM 2011 and there is a big time to do these tweaks if game will be released in november. I'm not mention SI in holiday now , but releasing a new patch can't be so hard like that for a game producer... At first , I understand why they can't update DB anytime they want. It is about licences or something. I don't want DB update anymore. Only want to see a fixed game. It is gonna be so hard to fix these bugs ?

They won't write a new game completely for FM 2012. That will be only a new version 12.0 or something like that a tweaked version of FM 2011 and there is a big time to do these tweaks if game will be released in november. I'm not mention SI in holiday now , but releasing a new patch can't be so hard like that for a game producer... At first , I understand why they can't update DB anytime they want. It is about licences or something. I don't want DB update anymore. Only want to see a fixed game. It is gonna be so hard to fix these bugs ?

your asking if its so hard, yet some are not fixed for 11.3, so you have your answer already.

No it wont be a completely new game, it never is, its a further release of the game already in progress, think of it this way, you only pay for every 4 versions of the game, you buy 11.0, you get the other 3 included in that price. There are no guarentee's with any game that it will be perfect, no promises from anyone you will not encounter a problem, they are not obligated to release any further updates for FM11.

Again ill point to the fact the patching process is the same each year, you say they have plenty of time, yet complain this version is rushed and not completed, so what state would FM12 be in if they had even less time working on it?

If you read what they have fixed in each patch, there really isn't that much being done to the game balance or AI.

In FM2010 Jumping > all

In FM2011.3 Pace > all (just like most previous versions)

Is it really this difficult to make ALL the Player Attributes and PPM's matter in a realistic manner?

your asking if its so hard, yet some are not fixed for 11.3, so you have your answer already.

No it wont be a completely new game, it never is, its a further release of the game already in progress, think of it this way, you only pay for every 4 versions of the game, you buy 11.0, you get the other 3 included in that price. There are no guarentee's with any game that it will be perfect, no promises from anyone you will not encounter a problem, they are not obligated to release any further updates for FM11.

Again ill point to the fact the patching process is the same each year, you say they have plenty of time, yet complain this version is rushed and not completed, so what state would FM12 be in if they had even less time working on it?

I think you have never bought another game else Football Manager. And surely I have not bought 4 game...

Every time people get a game and give their money for one game. After that producer must try to fix that game's bug immediately after seeing feedbacks or reports. I am not claiming about 3 patch or number of patches. I don't care how many patches being released. In this situations , the most important things are bugs and fixes , understand ? I have never been waiting for a perfect game , because I'm a player and I know what the video games are.

After that all , I thank to SI for patches. But now I'm saying that , they are really not enough to play this game... And asking : " why i have to wait for months to see some fix ? " If the answer is " FM 2012 " , i couldn't understand that. Because I'm a costumer and I don't care what the producer working on for future or something elses. Should be only aware of what i have bought... That is so very clear and simple...

I think you have never bought another game else Football Manager. And surely I have not bought 4 game...

Every time people get a game and give their money for one game. After that producer must try to fix that game's bug immediately after seeing feedbacks or reports. I am not claiming about 3 patch or number of patches. I don't care how many patches being released. In this situations , the most important things are bugs and fixes , understand ? I have never been waiting for a perfect game , because I'm a player and I know what the video games are.

After that all , I thank to SI for patches. But now I'm saying that , they are really not enough to play this game... And asking : " why i have to wait for months to see some fix ? " If the answer is " FM 2012 " , i couldn't understand that. Because I'm a costumer and I don't care what the producer working on for future or something elses. Should be only aware of what i have bought... That is so very clear and simple...

i have bought every version since i was 18 and played most versions before that and you have for the best part paid for 4 versions of this game, each new patch or release is slightly different to the last, you then have 4 choices over which version you want to play on, tell me any other game that gives you that option.

No one has to fix anything, you are not promised anything on the box about patches, you are not given a guarentee from SI that you will be happy with the game, or that they will do anything to improve your opinion, its not Burger King, you dont get it your way. What SI do is listen to feedback and improve the game through patches to the best possible level given time and programming constraints.

You have your moneys worth, if your not happy with it then you have the option of not buying an SI product again, thats the choice we all have, but we are not entitled to anything because we bought a £30 computer game.

If they followed your way of thinking, we would never get a new FM again, they will never ever get FM11 perfect or even close to it, its practically impossible and each person has their own opinion on what needs to work better and what needs to be fixed, what makes your opinion more important than the next person who is very happy with the game and would not want any further changes?

i have bought every version since i was 18 and played most versions before that and you have for the best part paid for 4 versions of this game, each new patch or release is slightly different to the last, you then have 4 choices over which version you want to play on, tell me any other game that gives you that option.

No one has to fix anything, you are not promised anything on the box about patches, you are not given a guarentee from SI that you will be happy with the game, or that they will do anything to improve your opinion, its not Burger King, you dont get it your way. What SI do is listen to feedback and improve the game through patches to the best possible level given time and programming constraints.

You have your moneys worth, if your not happy with it then you have the option of not buying an SI product again, thats the choice we all have, but we are not entitled to anything because we bought a £30 computer game.

If they followed your way of thinking, we would never get a new FM again, they will never ever get FM11 perfect or even close to it, its practically impossible and each person has their own opinion on what needs to work better and what needs to be fixed, what makes your opinion more important than the next person who is very happy with the game and would not want any further changes?

I'm talking about a patch mate :D Only a patch that what every game producer do. It is really hard to release ?

As people have said, there are no plans to release any further patches for FM11.

Why ? Concentrating on FM 2186 ?

I'm talking about a patch mate :D Only a patch that what every game producer do. It is really hard to release ?

there have been 3 patches so far, for a yearly game release its not bad going.

Would this new patch be just to fix your tiny problem with turkish regens?

Neil said 'gamebreaking' not some rather minor bug.

For years there is a " crash dumps " issue , and i have being seen it in FM 2011 4 times. But I don't care about this , it is not a "gamebreaking" issue anymore for me , cause now I'm saving game every week in 5 file. This is really ironic that i have never write about it...

there have been 3 patches so far, for a yearly game release its not bad going.

Would this new patch be just to fix your tiny problem with turkish regens?

Hmm , I'm remembering a " hot fix " about Polish Leagues... so I don't want to see a fixed Turkish League only... I'm talking about whole game...

• Administrators

If you have a crash in 11.3 then please let us know about it and we'll look into it. The Polish hotfix was for an issue involving save games not being able to be loaded. Nothing to do with newgens or scheduling.

well you clearly dont know what the "hot fix" was for, it didnt fix any broken rules or anything in the polish league, it fixed a problem which prevented people loading saves because of a crash that happened everytime someone with a polish league loaded tried to play the game, big difference from a little regen problem.

If your waiting for the fix all bugs patch, you will be waiting a very long time.

Gullo, you have to understand that this game isn't like others. They can't spend years tweaking it to perfection, they have to concentrate on next year's release at some point. I think they have nailed pretty much every major issue within 3 patches so it's a pretty decent effort. The only problems left are minor and superficial which are hardly game-breaking.

If you have a crash in 11.3 then please let us know about it and we'll look into it. The Polish hotfix was for an issue involving save games not being able to be loaded. Nothing to do with newgens or scheduling.

Ok. I understand that I talk in circles. I don't want patch or something anymore. I want to learn only why releasing a patch is so hard ?

• Administrators

Because to release a patch, not only do the coders need to do a large amount of work to 'fix' issues discovered either via testing or via the forums, then once the changes have gone in (which can take a while depending on how long certain things take to fix) the patch then has to be tested by SI and Sega QA's, before being signed off, created, then thoroughly tested again before then being hosted and released to Steam. The process for this is demanding both on time and resources which is why, unless there is a major issue, we try to limit how many patches we release per version. We try and fit as much into our patches as humanly possible, but some issues have such potential to cause major knock-ons unfortunately on some occasions we cannot fix certain issues.

We do like to think we have a good patching strategy and spend a lot of time fine-tuning the game. Yes, in an ideal world there would be no patches and FM would be perfect out of the box. But no matter how good the testing team and beta are, there will always be circumstances in-game which have not been spotted before, system configurations that cause issues or simply not enough time for coders to put in fixes. I hope that gives you a clearer idea of why things are how they are.

Im not sure why everyone on here jumps to the defence of SI, as with any companies (especially games companies) they have deadlines and expectations from the people above them, however; for a large amount of people various incarnations of the CM/FM series have been unplayable out of the box with various large bugs that made them unplayable. I have played from Championship Manager Italia and as the game has grown, it has become more complex both graphicly and with the codeing. 11.3 seems very playable to me, i have just updated to it and i like what im seeing.

I personally feel it would be a much better game if they stopped releasing a yearly version and concentrated for a year and a half on the current version or have two teams, one that develops the next version and one that works on the newer version, however this will never happen as FM is a cash cow for its owners. I will buy FM12 and no doubt FM23, this is not the only game fans have a problem with, but with all the diffrent pc's out there i doubt the bugs will ever be totally wiped out. Unless it gets released for PS3.

This isn't something i totally understand so perhaps someone can help me out here, I discussed this patch/bugs/patch/bugs/patch situation we have with FM with a friend at work who is an an old school gamer who prefers FPS', he said something about being in a clan which was ranked as the best at there particular game and they were sometimes given these 'beta copies' so they could help with testing the game and spotting flaws and bugs.

Is anything like this done with FM?

Honestly, I really amazed by how most customers of FM series really aiming low expectation of this series.

FM is not cheaper than any other "sequel based" game out there, and although some of other titles did the same with what FM did; not caring for "minor" bugs, but there are developers out there that trying it best to get rid of those so called "minor bugs" in their sold products.

One thing the other developers won't get is die hard supporter customers that actually defending the developer for not giving what they deserved. Kudos for SI to have this line of supporters. But people will grow old. Will the new generation of supporters offer the same rock-bottom expectation ? Only time will tell.

Honestly, I really amazed by how most customers of FM series really aiming low expectation of this series.

FM is not cheaper than any other "sequel based" game out there, and although some of other titles did the same with what FM did; not caring for "minor" bugs, but there are developers out there that trying it best to get rid of those so called "minor bugs" in their sold products.

One thing the other developers won't get is die hard supporter customers that actually defending the developer for not giving what they deserved. Kudos for SI to have this line of supporters. But people will grow old. Will the new generation of supporters offer the same rock-bottom expectation ? Only time will tell.

Do you honestly believe that they do not care about minor bugs? People are not not getting what they are deserved?

Despite the three patch strategy, a forum dedicated to customer feedback and even the guys from sports interactive telling people like yourself time & time again why the development of the game is as it is. You can turn a deaf ear to their responses and make accusations but when the facts are there from SI in black and white, it is very difficult to take any of the moaning posts seriously at all.

What do people think they deserve? Buying a product does not guarantee 100% satisfaction, just because its a real life simulator doest change anything, like i said before there are no promises on the box, nothing says that this game will fufil everything you imagine football management will be.

Yes we all want the game to progress and get better, but this notion that SI do not care or that they wont fix things intentionally is daft and frankly i if i were them i would find it very insulting. The internet is great for things, but the level of abuse people seem to think is acceptable because they are not speaking face to face with someone is unbelievable sometimes.

This isn't something i totally understand so perhaps someone can help me out here, I discussed this patch/bugs/patch/bugs/patch situation we have with FM with a friend at work who is an an old school gamer who prefers FPS', he said something about being in a clan which was ranked as the best at there particular game and they were sometimes given these 'beta copies' so they could help with testing the game and spotting flaws and bugs.

Is anything like this done with FM?

They do beta testing on the game with their own team and SEGA i believe, they did try a community beta test one year but very few people gave them any actual feedback and a few decided rather than test the game they would upload it to torrent sites instead, so SI put a stop to it.

Do you honestly believe that they do not care about minor bugs? People are not not getting what they are deserved?

Despite the three patch strategy, a forum dedicated to customer feedback and even the guys from sports interactive telling people like yourself time & time again why the development of the game is as it is. You can turn a deaf ear to their responses and make accusations but when the facts are there from SI in black and white, it is very difficult to take any of the moaning posts seriously at all.

Ooh... So we can have fixes for those so-called minor bugs ??? :applause:

Guest aaron70

The real question is why does SI keeps trying to add new features when the older ones do not work properly. They end up with a huge backload of things to fix and obviously they are struggling to do this. SO many parts of the game do not work correctly now, and they really do not seem to work together. I hope SI just focus on making the game as it is work better...don't add new things until what is there already works.

Would you build anything the way SI do?

I love FM but each year the bugs are growing and game play is sliding.

The real question is why does SI keeps trying to add new features when the older ones do not work properly. They end up with a huge backload of things to fix and obviously they are struggling to do this. SO many parts of the game do not work correctly now, and they really do not seem to work together. I hope SI just focus on making the game as it is work better...don't add new things until what is there already works.

Would you build anything the way SI do?

I love FM but each year the bugs are growing and game play is sliding.

Name parts of thegame that don't work properly at all?

What do people think they deserve? Buying a product does not guarantee 100% satisfaction, just because its a real life simulator doest change anything, like i said before there are no promises on the box, nothing says that this game will fufil everything you imagine football management will be.

Yes we all want the game to progress and get better, but this notion that SI do not care or that they wont fix things intentionally is daft and frankly i if i were them i would find it very insulting. The internet is great for things, but the level of abuse people seem to think is acceptable because they are not speaking face to face with someone is unbelievable sometimes.

First... only stupid people and trolls think they don't fix things intentionally, so commenting to those people is pretty pointless.

But that being said, they do waste time on pointless new 'features'... features that are their to cater to the stupid people on the supporters side asking for silly features instead of fixing more important things. Worse of all, because of the limited time the new features have just as many issues as existing systems.

No they don't intentionally ignore bugs, but they do spend a lot of time adding to the pile.

Harsh yes, but there's lots of stupid people around the net.

pointless to those who dont like new features, to others they are what keeps the game interesting, do you cut off your nose to spite your face?

The features are not made for "stupid people" or anything like that, all games have to progress, every new version of every game has something new in it, that is how the buisness works, yes a few hardcore fans would prefer a polished version of the same game, but on the whole it would not have the same marketing appeal as a new game with new features, like it or not FM is a game made to make money, not to cater for the "hardcore/loyal" fans who have played it since 1900.

pointless to those who dont like new features, to others they are what keeps the game interesting, do you cut off your nose to spite your face?

The features are not made for "stupid people" or anything like that, all games have to progress, every new version of every game has something new in it, that is how the buisness works, yes a few hardcore fans would prefer a polished version of the same game, but on the whole it would not have the same marketing appeal as a new game with new features, like it or not FM is a game made to make money, not to cater for the "hardcore/loyal" fans who have played it since 1900.

not only that but i'm sure sega wouldn't want SI just polishing the game each year, hardly adding anything new. That would quite quickly become poor from a marketing point of view.

Frankly I don't see the problems with 11.3 which everyone keeps going on about. There is apparently a bug with player histories which I have seen once and thats it for me basically. The game runs well even with all nations loaded and quite far into the game. 11.3 is fine.

Also I'd rather they started work on FM12 rather than spending all thier time trying to fix small bugs which some people really over react about. If they did that they'd never release new games.

Guest aaron70

Fabio...

I never said they don't work AT ALL.

The player interaction. The press conferences. The match preparation. Team Talks. Morale They are all modulated (this is well known). They at this point do not interact together fluidly (SI have said this). Therefore the knock on effects can be either exaggerated or so negligible that it is a waste of time.

Sure they work (poorly) but they do not work as SI want (therfore I suggest not properly). Please don't try and say all of these features are working as expected.

Nobody is saying don't add new features, but SI should make the game work as they envision it before adding more new features.

Would you add features to a car that did not do what you expected, and then add more the next year without getting the first features correct?? Nobody would buy it.

Fabio...

I never said they don't work AT ALL.

The player interaction. The press conferences. The match preparation. Team Talks. Morale They are all modulated (this is well known). They at this point do not interact together fluidly (SI have said this). Therefore the knock on effects can be either exaggerated or so negligible that it is a waste of time.

Sure they work (poorly) but they do not work as SI want (therfore I suggest not properly). Please don't try and say all of these features are working as expected.

Nobody is saying don't add new features, but SI should make the game work as they envision it before adding more new features.

Would you add features to a car that did not do what you expected, and then add more the next year without getting the first features correct?? Nobody would buy it.

we're not talking a bout cars though, we're talking about video games in which category there are a number of series that have issues year on year but still have big fanbases, fifa for one.

Not that i want to defend bugs but you can't expect them to forgo new feature each year with the pressure they would have from SEGA. It would be nice if they opted to improve current features rather than trying to add a bunch of new features for fm 12 but the series imo has been improving year after year, so hopefully more progress to come.

Archived