FM2009 - More Differentation of Coaching Roles

In the editor we have the following coaching roles.

Assistant Manager - Is the right hand man of the Manager, he gives advice on team selection etc

Coach - Can work with first team & youth team players.

First Team Coach - Works with the first team only.

Fitness Coach - Coaches the fitness aspect for both first & youth team

Goalkeeping Coach - coaches goalkeepers obviously

Physio - we know what these do

Youth Team Coach - Coaches youth team only.

I still think these coaching roles are far too vague compared to the job roles that staff have these days. I dont think adding things like kit men, massuers, psycologists etc.

I was using the editor today to update Chelsea's coaching staff and realised they have alot of staff, which included 3 goalkeeping coaches if you include the new one that Scolari brought in, i decided to visit the Chelsea website and noticed that not all 3 goalkeeping coaches coach the first team although in the game they would all be set to coach the first team (a waste of staff tbh)

In the manager options > team settings section of the game, we can set who is in charge of the Reserve & Youth teams however this seems to only be cosmetic for the news section to report news of games to us. We should be able to have more job roles available to staff

Reserve Team Manager

Youth Team Manager

Youth Goalkeeping Coach

Youth Fitness Coach

Youth Physio

Reserve/Youth Team Manager would be a higher role than Youth Coach and staff who are youth coaches at other clubs may see being appointed as Youth Team Manager as a step up and might be more likely to accept the job. In the manager options > team settings section, if you have a Youth Manager the drop down to select who controls the reserves/youth team would be greyed out with the name of the current Reserves/Youth Manager (similar to international roles when you hire u21, u19 coaches, the option to select who controls them is greyed out in the team settings section), however if the club only has reserve/youth coaches and not managers then the first team manager would be able to select who controls them.

This job could also have an effect on other modules within the game e.g training. The team settings section could also be used to allow the youth team manager to pick which youth coaches cover what area of youth training, this could also be done with a tick box, the youth manager would then pick which ever youth coach had the most appropriate stat to cover that aspect of training. e.g A youth coach with 20 defensive coaching would be chosen by the youth manager to coach defending to the youth team etc etc. Obviously if you wanted to set which youth coaches cover a certain aspect of training then this can also be unticked.

Using the team settings section you could have additional tick boxes to allow/disallow youth team managers to hire additional youth team coaches/fitness coaches/physio's, however if you didnt want to and wanted full control of staff at the club you can untick this (similar to now where you can let whoever controls your youth team select their own tactics or make them use the current match tactics)

Youth Goalkeeping Coach/Fitness Coach/Physio - These would only be allowed to work with the youth team. However if they were approached by another club to work with the first team this would also be seen as a step up & depending on the club may be more willing to accept.

--------------------

These options will allow the manager (us) to keep control of the things we currently do or hire someone to take some of the responsibility off us so we can concentrate on first team matters, it will also allow us to expand the current vague coaching roles which can then also be improved in the future, for example if staff interaction is improved we could ask for reccommendations on who is doing well in the reserves/youth team and they would give us a report on a player or players then we can promote them to the first team.

It'd come down to what's the benefit of having all those youth team staffs? When the senior ones can do the job for both first team and youth team.

I think it's far too detailed to separate senior and youth staffs.

In this current version, having youth team coaches are useless as coaches can just train both senior and youth team. The limited number of staff really forbids this.

The training side of the game needs to be improved but not by adding youth team staffs. Currently, we can already assign any coaches to take care of the youth team, so I don't really see why you need 10 more staffs to do this and that.

I actually think we got enough coach roles atm. Only the Youth Goalkeepers should be able to train with the normal goaldkeeping coach. Most teams don't have seperate GK coaches for (higher) youth and seniors. It's even better that they mix youth with experience.

I think it already takes more then enough time of my game to hire all the nowadays coaches that a team needs and hope that they don't take it further and spend their time on matchday expensions.

Reserve Team Manager

Youth Team Manager

Youth Goalkeeping Coach

Youth Fitness Coach

Youth Physio

i think these are quality ideas. if you look at guardiola on the 802 update he is down as ass man or 1st team coach when in fact he was the b team manager. i really hope they add this in. you can have u21 and u19 managers for internationals so why not for clubs?

Archived