Player Attributes vs Yellow/Red Cards

Hello,

One thing that always intrigued me, is the risk that some players have to pick up yellow/red cards. Throughout the season, we can easily see which players from our team who will have more cards, but what I wonder is why they pick up more cards than the rest of the team.

Surely there must be attributes that contribute to a player take more cards. But what are these attributes?

I always imagined that aggression had much to do with it, but in mine current team, the player with more cards is my fullback, which has 11for aggression.

So, in your opinion what kind of attributes influence more the number of yellow/red cards a player receive?

dirtiness and temperament are another 2 hidden attributes to have an effect. other things like tackling, positioning, concentration and pace could have an effect if a player is low in them, by always fouling opponents.

Also depends on your tackling settings. If you're going in hard all the time then they're going to pick up cards. If you use hard tackling OI's regularly on opposition wingers then your FB's will tend to pick up more.

I suspect that the press conference questions regarding yellow card records has something to do with it too. I keep congratulating my MCd for getting yellow cards in press conferences and he keeps on getting them but as I want him to go in hard and break up opposition attacks I can live with it. I'll fine anyone for a red though.

Dirtiness, Aggression, Temperament and Sportsmanship, I'd imagine. Also their instructions - if your tactic regularly puts them at a difficulty when doing defensive duties, they are more likely to mistime tackles or foul.

Clubs fighting for relegation pick up more yellow cards because they play with stronger clubs and defenders very often need to make fouls to stop opponent attacks. That's what I've noticed. Top clubs in the league have less cards. It starts with ball possession - there's no need to make a foul when you have possession and better club get more ball possession in the game.

What comes to red cards, it's aggression/temperament/sportmanship. In worst cases your scout/assman reports that player can get a competitive streak.

Have to say this is the perfect thread to show just how little we know about our players... all these hidden attributes but what insight do we have to them? Sporting, spirited, professional.... please, we need more insight into player personalities/hidden attributes.

Have to say this is the perfect thread to show just how little we know about our players... all these hidden attributes but what insight do we have to them? Sporting, spirited, professional.... please, we need more insight into player personalities/hidden attributes.

Do you mean like this?

Do you mean like this?

Nope.. I mean in game.. the point is they have so many hidden attributes and only 2-3 things in game that tell you anything at all about them. Hence it's like a huge black hole of information for a manager.

Edit: Put it this way.. say you have a determined personality shown, well duh, you can see that looking at his attributes... Doesn't tell you anything about his professionalism, pressure, temperament, sportsmanship, etc. But aside from genie we have no other possible way of knowing any of it.

Martyr, actually it isn't. It is even good that some part of players attributes will remain hidden. It's more realistic and makes it interesting. You can't see everything in numbers, you have to rely on scout reports and your own managerial experience at least in some areas.

It's even suggested in these forums that to be more realistic FM should hide all player attributes. To let managers choose players solely by performances, stats, scout reports and reputation.

Archived