Show me your commitment!

Just got me thinking this morning as I fired up FM11, Steam tells me that I have played the game for over 1000 hours now, 1011 to be exact. When I sat down and worked it out that means, as I got the game on release day, I have played the game for an average 6hours 20 mins per day.

I really didn't think I had played that much. I keep telling the wife I don't go on it that often. I am sure I played more when I was in my teens and early 20's (before the wife and kids came along), with all night sessions a regular event. So I'd love to know just how many years of my life I have spent playing this (wonderful) game.

So SI forum, how committed are you?

Steam says i've played 6 hours, but i've played much much more even after i reinstalled it last month. 6 hours was last night!!

Not sure why it says that, but i think i have played a few hundred hours since November. Which is....frightening. I've cut down now, because it's too addictive. Apart from last night i only play it a couple of evenings a week.

Steam says i've played 6 hours, but i've played much much more even after i reinstalled it last month. 6 hours was last night!!

Not sure why it says that, but i think i have played a few hundred hours since November. Which is....frightening. I've cut down now, because it's too addictive. Apart from last night i only play it a couple of evenings a week.

Steam doesnt count your time playing off-line.

1221 hours and counting :D

To be fair, I often leave it running when I'm out/asleep/having a sh*t or whatever so I haven't actually been sitting down in front of it actively playing for all those hours.

I think me and you play this game far too much!

God, I have to hide this from the wife. She is always telling me I spend far too much time on the computer on FM which I just shrug off and laugh at. She may have a point though.

1044 hours, but this is almost a meaningless stat since I leave it on a LOT without touching it, plus I have a save that I leave on overnight just to holiday

All in all I've actually PLAYED 11 or 12 full seasons, I think that's a more meaningful stat

I think me and you play this game far too much!

God, I have to hide this from the wife. She is always telling me I spend far too much time on the computer on FM which I just shrug off and laugh at. She may have a point though.

We should start a "thousand hours club" ;)

Was nearly 700 a couple of months ago, so I guess about 1000 now. But as many have said, FM is the sort of thing that often runs for hours in the background while I work/surf/play other games/make music etc. There's no info on how much time FM was "idle", but in my case it's a very high percentage of the overall time.

Archived