How to make a player lose weight?

I rescued Mario Balotelli from City and revived his career but he is still 189/89...I have him on very heavy schedule for half a season and more and he's not losing weight.What should I do?

I even had Adriano at Roma who was 101kg but I sold him at once :)

I rescued Mario Balotelli from City and revived his career but he is still 189/89...I have him on very heavy schedule for half a season and more and he's not losing weight.What should I do?

I even had Adriano at Roma who was 101kg but I sold him at once :)

89kg for a 189cm player is pretty normal, in fact most footballers has weights that is 175cm/75kg, 185cm/85kg and they still look average built. Plus I don't think weight matters in the game :S

89kg for a 189cm player is pretty normal, in fact most footballers has weights that is 175cm/75kg, 185cm/85kg and they still look average built. Plus I don't think weight matters in the game :S

Very not true...

Players usually aim for their weight to be height minus 110.Only ones who go height minus 100 are goalkeepers it's very rare for an outfield player...

Very not true...

Players usually aim for their weight to be height minus 110.Only ones who go height minus 100 are goalkeepers it's very rare for an outfield player...

surely that would depend on the position of the player and what they are trying to achieve? For example a CB might want to build more muscle in their upper body so they put on weight.

But like martyr said weight is cosmetic in fm so theres not much point worrying about it.

a players weight can change as well as younger players sometimes still growing but as far as i'm aware its still cosmetic.

I'm pretty sure weight is 100% cosmetic.. height I'm beginning to wonder more about. I know it's tied to the base for jumping, but I'm wondering if it's tied to a max for jumping as well. Had a young player focusing training his jumping for about a whole season with no gains, curious.

Weight is the same as height - it has a limiting effect on certain attributes (stamina, pace etc).

Its effect is pretty minimal though, and itll rarely be such a problem that you'd notice a visible change in a player's attributes.

Weight is the same as height - it has a limiting effect on certain attributes (stamina, pace etc).

Its effect is pretty minimal though, and itll rarely be such a problem that you'd notice a visible change in a player's attributes.

And this is based on what exactly?

Personally as a Fitness Coach, I help people to "lose weight" as a living; however more important than the weight itself is the body composition (fat%). And a manager should be able to improve a player body composition via training, which should be reflected on a better natural fitness. The problem is that, is very hard to make that attribute improve in FM, usually only strength and stamina will develop on the Strength category. I think that there should be a real Aerobic training category, because the actual Aerobic training in FM develops pace, acceleration, agility and jumping, which are mostly anaerobic qualities. Also, a very important thing is that professionalism should affect a player natural fitness; because eating (especially drinking!), sleeping and recreational habits imply directly on an individual body composition and overall health.

My solution would be:

Aerobic Training: Covers Stamina and Natural Fitness.

Speed Training: Covers Acceleration, Pace and Jumping.

Strength Training: Covers Strength and in a secondary degree Acceleration and Jumping.

Coordination Training: Covers Agility and Balance, and in a secondary degree: Acceleration, Pace and Jumping.

I know that this may be a little to extensive, and this is not Fitness Manager 2011. But differentiating a bit more the fitness training, should reflect what happens in real life.

Cheers.

Personally as a Fitness Coach, I help people to "lose weight" as a living; however more important than the weight itself is the body composition (fat%). And a manager should be able to improve a player body composition via training, which should be reflected on a better natural fitness. The problem is that, is very hard to make that attribute improve in FM, usually only strength and stamina will develop on the Strength category. I think that there should be a real Aerobic training category, because the actual Aerobic training in FM develops pace, acceleration, agility and jumping, which are mostly anaerobic qualities. Also, a very important thing is that professionalism should affect a player natural fitness; because eating (especially drinking!), sleeping and recreational habits imply directly on an individual body composition and overall health.

My solution would be:

Aerobic Training: Covers Stamina and Natural Fitness.

Speed Training: Covers Acceleration, Pace and Jumping.

Strength Training: Covers Strength and in a secondary degree Acceleration and Jumping.

Coordination Training: Covers Agility and Balance, and in a secondary degree: Acceleration, Pace and Jumping.

I know that this may be a little to extensive, and this is not Fitness Manager 2011. But differentiating a bit more the fitness training, should reflect what happens in real life.

Cheers.

Yes yes, this breakdown does make more sense... However if they do that then people like me will want more overall breakdown... like I don't want to deal with shooting training for my CB's get get more composed. But a finer breakdown would change coaching attributes, training areas, and even balance issues of the various areas.

Would be nice to have that kind of depth but it would be a lot of extra work.

BTW, natural fitness seems to play a bigger part in aging and frailty... have a player with a 5 and he gets the minor knocks (condition drops) in every match he plays in. It's a bit drastic, but oh well just gonna sell him. Just saying it doesn't really seem to have a real relation to general fitness level like the name would imply.

Good post, khriztian. It always struck me as odd that stamina is covered by strength, while jumping and acceleration are in aerobics.

However, I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with that level of complexity.

Archived