Bradford City - League 1 - Help!

I did the same as you, was promoted in the first season, and I got to the playoffs in the final part of the season. Given that you should be in a good financial position, use any transfer money to strengthen heavily in january. I brought in some experienced players (the midfield was very weak for my team), and some quality loan signings. Depending how you play, get a VERY fast striker, high acceleration and pace. They should score tonnes if you can feed them on the counter, that is where most of my goals for. Also check out the free transfers, I picked up a few gems on there as well.

Other than that, I only used my defensive tactic for very hard away games (i.e. southampton, charlton, or whoever was relegated) and my normal tactic otherwise. That way we kept sneaking draws when we should have lost.

Hope some of that is helpful

You just need to identify the weak areas. The players that may have been stars in League 2, cannot cut it at a higher level and need replacing.

Once you have 2 or 3 positions you feel you need to strengthen, go the loan list and see what premier league players you can pick up in those positions. Right back a problem? Jordan Spence from West Ham is superb at that level, although, I guess 3 years on, he may be too good.

If you cannot get anything from there, get in freebies.

And don't keep the 'dead wood' in the team, let their contracts run out if you cannot sell them. That is a good starting point. If you still struggle, you will need to post more info on here, and there are plenty of people to help, as they helped me out massively.

I promoted with City in my first season and now in my third season in the League one and I am finding it hard to climb up the table.. What can I do to make the squad/club stronger?

I've taken Bradford up to the premier league so I've been where you are.

Firstly, signings. Anybody you can get that's been transfer listed, preferably from a higher position, and cheap, look into, don't try buy players where you'll have to pay over the odds. Also, some quality loan signings to be had out there, not just that, but at the end of the season, look at players that have been released from Premier League clubs, usually good players in there, I got Kyle Bartley from Arsenal when I went up to League 1, in fact, I'll print screen my signings whilst I was in League 1.

Secondly, easier said than done, but have a good cup run, so much revenue can be generated from a good cup run, getting Man Utd away can prove invaluable, as you get half the gate receipts. Playoffs are also brilliant for revenue, I made the playoffs in my first season. Oh, and the JPT, what may seem like a pointless competition, you get a lot of money out wembley if you make the final.

Thirdly, find a bloody good tactic. If it works, use it, even if you're on a bad run of results, stick to your guns. Against the good sides, probably counter, poor sides, control, and as sporadic said, get a fast striker, or a really tall striker, someone you can use that will be better than the defenders you're up against.

LEAGUE 2 SIGNINGS

tran1k.png

LEAGUE 1 SIGNINGS (FIRST SEASON)

tran1.png

LEAGUE 1 SIGNINGS (SECOND SEASON)

tran1.png

Well no, as I'm about 12 years on from playing in League 1, but a number of players made the step up from League 1 to Championship. You have to constantly update your squad, whilst trying to retain some sort of balance. I think the player to play at the most number of divisions was Adeyemi, who was integral for Leagues 1 & 2, but was used more as a squad player for the Championship, in fact, the one player I still have in my current team that played in the Championship is Shane Duffy, it's his 10th season now, and his 9th in the premier league, to make progress, you have to change your team. My current team is entirely different from my Championship team

If anyone would want to know who I would consider my best signing outside the premier league, I'd say Ishamel Miller from WBA on a free in 2015, got promoted from the championship that season thanks to 19 goals in 39 games, two seasons later he hit 18 in 22.

Cool. That is the mistake I made, getting Charlton into the Premier, not bringing in enough quality players...although, I literally had a shoe string budget and a small stadium, as they were debt ridden when I joined them.

If I was you, I would look for free transfers. Look at as many small nations as possible as you can sometimes find a gem who you can sell on for decent money. Don't be afraid to sell key players if the offer is good and it allows you to move forward. Whether that be from expanding your stadium or facilities or to buying three new quality players that you couldn't afford before. A striker is a must. if you can get one that can score 15-20 goals a season. They will be amazing. Yes, other sides will be interested. But keep looking for the next striker who can get goals. The Good Player & Team Guide is the best bet for this sort of thing. Unfortunately there isn't a Bradford City Team Guide. There is however a FM11: Free Agents Thread and the FM11: Looking For Thread. If you know the weak areas of your squad then use the template in the first post of the Looking For Thread and there will be many people who will be able to help you :thup:. There is also a FM11: Offical Forum Links Thread. In there, there are more threads for players of certain nationailties. Also it contains player guides that have been created. Everything that can help you is in the first three posts. There maybe some unknown players in there who could be cheap enough for you to sign :thup:.

Febian Brandy was an absolute legend on my Bradford save, even went on to score the only goal in my first Champions League final - sign him up if you can!

Agreed, got me out of league 1 and championship...ended on about 45 goals for the season I think in the title winning championship campaign

Archived