Is this a bug with my parent club?

As far as I can tell the rules of the partnership are now that the parent club decides which players if any are to be sent out on loan as part of the parent/feeder club partnership and loans that you apply to them for are treated like any other loan offer between clubs.

Ahha, thank you for that. That is a bit disappointing as I can't afford it.

Had the same problem myself in an old save where I got Man Utd as a parent club for Celtic and even when they did send me a player of their choice on loan I had to immediately cancel it as I was a few seasons in and they weren't even of a high enough quality to make my bench.

Would be nice to see some improvement in this area - for example you could approach your parent club and say "Look we really need a decent centre half this season, have you got anyone you could loan us?" They could then maybe come back and say we've got these 3 lads, you can have one of them etc... then you could pick one. Maybe also the parent club could attach conditions like he needs to play a minimum number of games otherwise there's no point and we'll recall him etc etc..

EDIT: Just realised I worded all of that terribly, no matter I think you can get what I'm saying. Been up since 3 :(

Archived