Player unhappy because of lack of discipline

Hi,

I have a shot simple question. Often my Goalie Almunia and my striker RvP keep telling me that they are unhappy because of the lack of discipline at the club and would like a more structured approach. What is the reason behind this?

If a player misses training it will come up in a news item in your in-box, but that's pretty rare and tends to only happen to players with Balotelli-esque personalities.

Fining for players not performing can be a bit of a mine field and if you get it wrong can have quite a negative impact on your squads morale, I guess it's up to you to decide which is the lesser of two evils. A couple of players not being happy due to a lack of managerial discipline or risking upsetting the squads morale with fining a player and him spitting his dummy out.

You'll get a note from your assman or one of the coaches, along with the option to punish.

If you don't want to punish players for bad performances or red cards, you will have to live with having players complaining, as they will feel that you should.

Of course, reprimanding players can upset them as well, so you need to find a balance.

Perfect solution....

After sending off for two yellow cards - issue a warning

After sending off with a direct red - issue 1 week wages fine

The players are always ok with it and it has a positive effect.Except for players like Balotelli...

Archived