Most goals from someone who isn't a striker?

As the subject title suggests, I'm interested in hearing about the most goals you've managed to get, over the course of a season, out of a player who doesn't play up front as a striker.

So it could be a forward withdrawn to the AMC position, a winger, someone in a wide position set to the inside-forward role, a bog standard AMC or MC and so on and so forth. Essentially, anyone who doesn't play up front as an ST in your tactic.

I'd also be interested to hear your tactical set-up and what you think contributed to that player to scoring so many goals. Any screenshots are encouraged.

My own efforts have been pretty average to be honest. I did once have an AMC playing the inside-forward role who averaged a goal every other game over several seasons, which I thought was quite impressive. This was in a 4-4-1-1 formation. I haven't managed any better than that since then. Personally, I imagine a lethal AM in the 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations, with the right role and duties of course, could be the best bet for prolific scoring from a non-striker position.

I'd have to say my American Captain, Brandon Porter who plays AM ®. I use a 4-5-1 formation, one striker. He hasn't been scoring as many goals as the past few seasons, mainly because I recently signed a new striker for about fifty million, and he's gotten about 32 goals in 44 appearances, but he still scores a long good amount with my Norweigan M ©.

2011041200003.jpg

2011041200004s.jpg

2011041200005.jpg

I know it's not a lot, but it's the best out of my current players. He scores a good amount of long shots, and has converted a good amount of freekicks in his career, so I believe that's what gave him so many goals. He normally scores the assist when on a breakaway, usually giving the ball to my striker.

Got a few, mainly from the inside forward setting for wingers. I always like to play people there who have the stats to play as strikers, often strikers re-trained there.

From my FM10 save, where I'm in 2042.

In my current Liverpool team, I've got a winger who is joint top scorer, with 26 goals in 31 games.

In my previous tenure as boss(mid 2020's), one winger averaged 25 goals a season in all comps. My other winger got more, but he's since retired so I can't find his stats.

I got 20 goals out of Alexis Sanchez this last season playing him as an AML cutting in; it's not the most creative of tactics, but it works. It seems to work a bit better when he's in a 4-2-3-1 (there's more space for him to run into), but I've played him in a 4-4-2 there (advanced wingers) with some success as well.

Gylfi Sigurdsson scored 16 in a season for me once as an advanced playmaker.

I would like to mention, i signed Ryan Shawcross when stoke got relegated in my game, and he consistantly scored around 8 goals a season from CB. and now in his 6th season with us he is on 15 goals!

(with Reading in the Premiership)

314e79s.png

That's the Champions League joint top scorer. Admittedly I play him up front, but after more than two years of playing and training to play there, he's only just become competent.

For a player who doesn't actually play there, on a network game Afellay has got 12 or 13 (iirc) from AMC. In my Hibs game Abeid has come up with 10 from RM, and Wotherspoon with 7. Also from RM. Last season Francis Dickoh got 9 goals and 9 assists from CB. Andrew Davies has 4 goals in 6 league games from CB, also. I'd say scoring goals isn't my problem.

314e79s.png

That's the Champions League joint top scorer. Admittedly I play him up front, but after more than two years of playing and training to play there, he's only just become competent.

For a player who doesn't actually play there, on a network game Afellay has got 12 or 13 (iirc) from AMC. In my Hibs game Abeid has come up with 10 from RM, and Wotherspoon with 7. Also from RM. Last season Francis Dickoh got 9 goals and 9 assists from CB. Andrew Davies has 4 goals in 6 league games from CB, also. I'd say scoring goals isn't my problem.

Nice! I play with Sparta Prague, so I know Kusnir well. I actually had the same idea as you to retrain him into a striker. But as I was switching to a tactic with very attacking wingbacks, I kept him there. Top player.

Archived