Si SORT YOUR GAME OUT.

Corners/free kicks on this patch - absolutely ridiculous, undefendable.

The ratio of how many chances to score a goal compared to AI is atleast 4:1 - sort that out.

Strikers no matter how bad the strikers are don't need 8 CCC's to score 1 goal.

ALSO, whats the deal with injuries! Its completely unrealistic to get someone injured every game, also to get five injuries in one game is crazy.

SORT IT OUT

have to agree with mackemforever

Corners/free kicks on this patch - absolutely ridiculous, undefendable. most of the teams in the division (myself included) have scored less than one free-kick during the season

The ratio of how many chances to score a goal compared to AI is atleast 4:1 - sort that out. nope seems pretty even on how many CCC chances needed to score, its your players abilities and the space and time they are allowed by the AI when the game counts the CCC

Strikers no matter how bad the strikers are don't need 8 CCC's to score 1 goal. mine dont same as above

ALSO, whats the deal with injuries! Its completely unrealistic to get someone injured every game, also to get five injuries in one game is crazy. dont have a problem with injuries try decreasing the work load on the players training and ensuring they are fit between games with squad rotation and by resting them

Heres my striker, dont know how to make the picture come up. I signed him for free in the blue square and because he was free scoring I kept him all the way to the championship. Hes getting on a bit now though, surprised no other club ever made a bid for him in all those years.

His replacement scored 8 in 9 games.

Striker - Bromley

| Year | Team | Division | Info | Apps | Gls | Asts | MoM | Av R |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2017-18 | Bromley | npower Championship | | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 6.97 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2016-17 | Bromley | npower League 1 | | 41 | 23 | 5 | 5 | 7.12 |

| 2015-16 | Bromley | npower League 1 | | 42 | 18 | 7 | 5 | 7.09 |

| 2014-15 | Bromley | npower League 2 | | 41 | 26 | 14 | 6 | 7.41 |

| 2013-14 | Bromley | Blue Square Bet Premier | | 40 | 18 | 8 | 6 | 7.12 |

| 2012-13 | Bromley | Blue Square Bet Premier | Free | 7 | 5 | 2 | 1 | 7.21 |

| 2011-12 | St. Mirren | - | | 5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 6.78 |

| 2010-11 | St. Mirren | - | Free | 8 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 6.50 |

| 2009-10 | Cowdenbeath | Second Division | | 31 | 12 | - | - | ---- |

| 2008-09 | Cowdenbeath | Third Division | | 23 | 9 | - | - | ---- |

| 2007-08 | Cowdenbeath | Second Division | | 17 | 4 | - | - | ---- |

| 2006-07 | Raith | Second Division | | 0 | - | - | - | ---- |

| 2005-06 | Raith | Second Division | | 0 | - | - | - | ---- |

| | | | | | | | | |

| | | | | | | | | |

have to agree with mackemforever

Corners/free kicks on this patch - absolutely ridiculous, undefendable. most of the teams in the division (myself included) have scored less than one free-kick during the season

A statistical fact that doesn't help explaining why all the opponent's goals come from either a corner, a free-kick, a 30-yard long shot or whenever there's a deflection in the box - never from open play because the tactics I play are defending well allowing me to dominate the games.

The ratio of how many chances to score a goal compared to AI is atleast 4:1 - sort that out. nope seems pretty even on how many CCC chances needed to score, its your players abilities and the space and time they are allowed by the AI when the game counts the CCC

No my players' abilities are as good as or better than the opponent but that doesn't seem to matter. I observe that if they don't manage to create chances, they GET chances out of nowhere - mainly on corners, free kicks and throw-ins. So those 4-5 matches every season where I struggle scoring while dominating the game, I know from the first kick on the ball that they will score. And I am always right. If you have 0 or 1 goals in a match and pound on the door but can't break it down, it is a 100% certainty that you will either lose or draw. There are no exceptions, not in my experience at least. They get that goal, and I know it will come and there is nothing that can be done about it. I even tried to change tactics to a ultradefensive one just to attempt keeping clean sheets. They got that corner and then they scored on it. No shocker...

Strikers no matter how bad the strikers are don't need 8 CCC's to score 1 goal. mine dont same as above

Mine neither, except when playing against the really big teams - then my fast players are suddenly slow and my good finishers are suddenly missing everything. Annoying but doesn't help them win.

ALSO, whats the deal with injuries! Its completely unrealistic to get someone injured every game, also to get five injuries in one game is crazy. dont have a problem with injuries try decreasing the work load on the players training and ensuring they are fit between games with squad rotation and by resting them

I don't have a problem with injuries even though I work them as hard as possible, but my friend who uses the default setup often have problems like the OP posted - so it has nothing to do with training workload and match fitness.

Just to support the OP's frustration, and rebuke the automatic "there are no programming issues in FM2011.3"

The ratio of how many chances to score a goal compared to AI is atleast 4:1 - sort that out.

ALSO, whats the deal with injuries! Its completely unrealistic to get someone injured every game, also to get five injuries in one game is crazy.

SORT IT OUT

The biggest lie I have seen posted on here for a while. What team are you using? There is no way it it 4 chances to 1 in every match.

I dont know about anyone else, but I will be very hesitant buying FM12 after whats happened with FM11.

Did they actually test the game before they released it? Doesn't seem like they did tbh.. Very dissapointed as I was expecting the game to atleast be better than FM10. Far from it.

I dont know about anyone else, but I will be very hesitant buying FM12 after whats happened with FM11.

Did they actually test the game before they released it? Doesn't seem like they did tbh.. Very dissapointed as I was expecting the game to atleast be better than FM10. Far from it.

Stop playing FM11 and dont but FM12 then! simple as that!

I am definitely not a fanboy or whatever you want to call them, i have my issues with FM11 yes and is it as good as i could be? probably not.

But when people come one here saying stuff like that, making sweeping statements such as 'after whats happened with FM11' just makes me laugh! Thats YOUR opinion and your entitled to one but dont come on here and make it out like its what everyone thinks!

Whats happened with FM11?

It has its issues but it is still excellent, enjoyable and very playable (by this i mean no game breaking bugs/issues)

i could go on but /rant

SORT IT OUT

Maybe instead of just ranting, if you explain what settings you are currently using for your defend corners/free kick, then maybe we can help. I concede very few goals from set pieces, I think it's through a combination of players having the attributes in the right area and my tactics.

As for injuries, I get some in games but definitely not every game. Perhaps your players are very injury prone, start the game with poor condition, training levels are too high? It could be a number of things.

CCCs = a very dodgy area. Personally I think this stat can be misleading, as the way it determines a CCC is not exactly the same way I would determine one whilst watching the game. Do you watch highlights? If so you can have the match stats widget open and track these CCCs as they go along, and if they really are that clear cut then you need to fix something if you are needing 8 per goal. What are the attributes of your strikers? Composure is just as important as finishing, and remember morale plays a big part in whether they can convert chances.

Maybe instead of just ranting, if you explain what settings you are currently using for your defend corners/free kick, then maybe we can help. I concede very few goals from set pieces, I think it's through a combination of players having the attributes in the right area and my tactics.

As for injuries, I get some in games but definitely not every game. Perhaps your players are very injury prone, start the game with poor condition, training levels are too high? It could be a number of things.

CCCs = a very dodgy area. Personally I think this stat can be misleading, as the way it determines a CCC is not exactly the same way I would determine one whilst watching the game. Do you watch highlights? If so you can have the match stats widget open and track these CCCs as they go along, and if they really are that clear cut then you need to fix something if you are needing 8 per goal. What are the attributes of your strikers? Composure is just as important as finishing, and remember morale plays a big part in whether they can convert chances.

Can I ask what set up you use for defending corners? Out of the 20 goals I have conceded this season 8 of them were from corners.

Can I ask what set up you use for defending corners? Out of the 20 goals I have conceded this season 8 of them were from corners.

2 Full backs on the posts, 2 centre backs on tall players, 1 on man mark, 5 back, 1 forward.

Pretty basic setup but it does the trick. I conceded a few early in the season but haven't in the last 6 months.

My strikers score ok? Granted their form of late has been poor so havent been scoring (grrrr) but my strikers are always leading the scoring charts both in and out of Europe.

Im sorry, but every person who comes on here to moan about the fact their strikers suck and they concede on corners are just naive. They simply dont want to admit that they are at fault and find it easy to blame the game. I went through the same stuff the OP did and blamed the game, but I soon realised that it (yes I am saying it) was my TACTICS.

Sort your tactics out, all of you, and stop trying to bring down what is a perfectly good, playable and realistic game!

My strikers score ok? Granted their form of late has been poor so havent been scoring (grrrr) but my strikers are always leading the scoring charts both in and out of Europe.

Im sorry, but every person who comes on here to moan about the fact their strikers suck and they concede on corners are just naive. They simply dont want to admit that they are at fault and find it easy to blame the game. I went through the same stuff the OP did and blamed the game, but I soon realised that it (yes I am saying it) was my TACTICS.

Sort your tactics out, all of you, and stop trying to bring down what is a perfectly good, playable and realistic game!

What does your post have to do with the phenomenon of DC's scoring like Messi because of things like the corner bug?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/0fmdefenders.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/0fmdefgoals.jpg

What does your post have to do with the phenomenon of DC's scoring like Messi because of things like the corner bug?

Dc's don't score like Messi unless you exploit corners. Sadly it is easy to outscore the AI on corners most of the times (ie having the most corner goals in the league), but mine are balanced all around the guys I put in the box.

I fail to see the issue with corners, maybe the go in more often then they should, but if so it's slightly off as it's not like you score even 1 every match, unless you are exploiting.

Dc's don't score like Messi unless you exploit corners. Sadly it is easy to outscore the AI on corners most of the times (ie having the most corner goals in the league), but mine are balanced all around the guys I put in the box.

I fail to see the issue with corners, maybe the go in more often then they should, but if so it's slightly off as it's not like you score even 1 every match, unless you are exploiting.

I use all default settings to avoid getting an advantage over the AI..which is why also I always have a GK on the bench in leagues with only 5 subs.

if you are so worried about the corner bug then dont use it, simple. And no, the AI doesn't use the corner bug, you don't see AI DC's topping the scoring charts

I use all default settings to avoid getting an advantage over the AI..which is why also I always have a GK on the bench in leagues with only 5 subs.

Then how many goals are your CB's scoring? Because mine are only like 4-5 per season. while my strikers have 10-15+. So yeah, those numbers look perfectly fine to me. *shrug*

i have a striker with goals/shot attempts at 26% which is very respectable, scored 30 in 31 this season before getting injured

sanogo also has 23% goals/shot attempts and has 50 in 39, you don't need an insane amount of chances

Archived