Relegation Battle!

Alright guys :D basically I started a game as unemployed with international experience to see what random teams I could get to manage and in January up came the Newcastle job as 'insecure', I checked where they were in the table, lying bottom with 11 points, 3 wins, 2 draws! :( and i thought what better than to save my favourite team from relegation? so i had 16 games to save them. A few losses, draws and wins later I eventually finish 16th with 33 points, 2 points from safety and even 2 wins against Arsenal and Liverpool.

So the end of the season comes and nothing? I haven't been congratulated for keeping them up or anything when if they had kept Pardew they obviously would of been relegated! Just wondering if anyone else has found this and finds it quite unrealistic! I'm not saying I should of got Manager of the Season obviously but just a message from the Chairman or fans or some interaction :p.

It is an unfortunate scenario in the game that it doesn't seem able to differentiate that you have actually performed miracles for the club as it always seems to just benchmark you against what the club should have achieved at the beginning of the season not realising that you have saved them from armageddon.

Would be a nice addition for some news items making the achievement more of that....................an achievement!

This is one thing that annoys me. I took over Bradford on one of my saves and they were say 12th 10 points off the playoffs I managed to get them up automatically and the board were disapointed with my league form even though since I had taken over I had walked the league.

Archived