This player has some serious emotional problems...

So, I've got this striker right... An interesting character.

He plays for my Brisbane side, he's a 20 year old regen striker who essentially takes the A-league and Asia apart for fun... He scored around 70 goals last season in all competitions, yet only managed around 35 games of the around 50.

Why?

Because he's a nut job! He gets stupid numbers of yellow cards! He's a striker damn it, but it feels that he just has to make rash tackles all the time!

He also has a terrible tendency to score a hattrick and then get sent off! What do you do about that?! He scores bloody hattricks and then you've got to punish him for being a *****!

It gets in this last match. So, Brisbane are 10-0 up (my highest ever total with Brisbane) in the 70th minute against Melbourne Victory. Having 3 goals to your name already what you do?

Well, if you were this guy you'd decide to tackle a player with both feet from behind so late that they'd probably forgotten the last time on the ball! That's what!

Why?! Oh well...

Anyone else have any really good players who just have a screw or two loose?

He's a bit of a nutter off the pitch too. He came to me once demanding a new contract, I and after a "discussion" he came away understanding my point. What was his reaction. Apparently he was happy with how the dicussions turned out!

hahahaha that would drive me nuts!!!

I had an issue with Ibra in the first patch, he missed about 12 league games in my first season with suspensions, always getting yellow cards for shirt pulling and trips, but doesnt seem as bad as your guy, good luck calming him down!!!

Fine him for being sent-off, if you receive a message that he understands why he has been fined and tries to do better in future matches, his mental or hidden stats improve. If he has the PPM 'argues with officials', tell him to unlearn it. Set tackling 'easy' for him.

hahahaha that would drive me nuts!!!

I had an issue with Ibra in the first patch, he missed about 12 league games in my first season with suspensions, always getting yellow cards for shirt pulling and trips, but doesnt seem as bad as your guy, good luck calming him down!!!

Look at Ibra in real life! Scored two goals for Milan against Fiorentina (and effectively winning the league) after serving a 2 match ban for violent conduct, then getting a straight red card in the same game for more violent conduct! He just got slapped with a 3 match ban. That would drive me insane!

Well, I can only go by what I've seen of him so far.

He's told to be easy on the tackling, his aggression is 11, he has no PPMs and he's according to my assistant he is the "Model Pro"...

Hey, at least he's cheap. Interestingly enough it takes him 3 years to earn the amount the man he replaced now earns in a week... And this guy is so much better, except for this little tendancy of his.

A central defender I have for Halifax loves always chopping down the opposition but his aggression is really high, I tried to tweak his settings but it makes no difference the thing that gripes me is he is actually a good player.

Think of Mike Bassett England manager and you will get the picture lol

Adam Rooney...the guy was a goal machine in League 1/Championship but just like your regen, he liked his time off and obviously the only way he could do this was by getting sent off...

First season he got 4 straight red cards (one which was the game back after a 3 game suspension, which then lead to a 5 game ban) and 1 for two yellow cards...

Second season he got 3 straight reds and 2 for 2 yellows...

But like he said, when he was actually on the pitch, he was banging them in from all angles...so i found it hard to drop him!

I've got a striker like that too - several red cards or 2 yellows over the past 3-4 seasons. The problem is, when he's not running around kicking people, he's also not running around scoring goals. Really easy to get him fired up, at which point he's like Tevez - all over the place, but this also means he's liable to take an early bath.

It's definitely the hidden attribute (dirtiness? not sure what it's called right now) that does this, although aggression plays a role too.

If you can get someone to tutor him, you can do something about this. Unfortunately I've never had anyone who could tutor my guy (I suppose CA is too high).

Look at Ibra in real life! Scored two goals for Milan against Fiorentina (and effectively winning the league) after serving a 2 match ban for violent conduct, then getting a straight red card in the same game for more violent conduct! He just got slapped with a 3 match ban. That would drive me insane!

He didn't score against Fiorentina last Sunday and Serie A is far from being effectively won by Milan :confused: He also got sent off for two bookable offences not a straight red and the second booking was for dissent towards the assistant referee.

Apart from that, I get your point ;)

He didn't score against Fiorentina last Sunday and Serie A is far from being effectively won by Milan :confused: He also got sent off for two bookable offences not a straight red and the second booking was for dissent towards the assistant referee.

Apart from that, I get your point ;)

Whats funny is, I submitted my previous post then left for work and realised what I said! Came back, checked f-i.net and confirmed that I was wrong haha! My immediate thought was "oh dear, Im gonna get ripped apart for that..."

Anyway, sorry, i was wrong but my point stands lol. Glad you got me haha!

Hmmm... He seems to have suddenly gotten better after getting a whole lot worse for a while.

He was suspened for more than 10 matches last season, but over the off season wanted a new contract. I told him to prove that he needed one and he has responded big time!

In 6 appearances he's scored 16 goals and further 4 assists at an average rating of 9.22 and two 10.0s with no yellow cards! Long may this continue!

Archived