How I would do press conferences...

How I would make press conferences better.

1. I would make sure press conferences ran from a separate database/module (I'm not a programmer, but..)

2. Set up a website for FM players, give us a text box to write the question we'd like to be asked, and boxes for 3-5 possible answers.

3*. Give us options of status required for question to be asked/repercussions for the answer e.g player/club relationship with manager +10, +5, 0, -5, -10, depending on answer, and attach those repercussions to the answers

4. Get some trusted beta testers/moderators to check the repercussions/questions aren't rude/stupid

5. Release a press update DB with hundreds or thousands of different questions created by us. Then we can't complain.

* Status could include player position, club financial status, Euro competition etc.

The problem with 5 is the problem with 2. From what I gather SI don't have enough people to work on creating a database to give us thousands of questions to keep it fresh, the work needs to be farmed out somehow, I was trying to think of a way to create thousands of question without SI having to do it one at a time.

I am a programmer, some would say i was not and your idea pretty much resembles my thoughts, great minds think alike. I think the relations between questions and the results of answers would be more complicated and thats were i think the improvements could be, at the cost of more processor power and time needed.

Instead of having to rely on running a system to collate suggestions from users the press conference wording could be generated from an XML file. These could then be created by members of the community.

While I don't think this is a bad idea, per se, I'm also not entirely sure it would improve the state of press conferences as they currently are.

I think TSH probably nailed it in the other thread that what really needs to happen is have the in-game journo's be more aware of what is actually happening in the game world, rather than just working off arbitrary numbers like reputation.

While I don't think this is a bad idea, per se, I'm also not entirely sure it would improve the state of press conferences as they currently are.

I think TSH probably nailed it in the other thread that what really needs to happen is have the in-game journo's be more aware of what is actually happening in the game world, rather than just working off arbitrary numbers like reputation.

How are the Journo's supposed to asses things apart from with numbers? The problem is SI don't have enough people to make the journo's do enough checks for it to be real, for example think about all the checks you need just to ask something simple like "is Alex Henshall ready for an international call-up?" (he's a left winger for example)

1. check player natural positions

2. check international current squad for those positions

3. compare stat for pace

4. compare stat for crossing

5. compare stat for creativity

6. compare stat for flair

7. if total of all stats come to within 10% of current internationals then ask question.

And that's just me putting down the critera for it to be a relevant question. I've not even gone to how the answers would affect things

How are the Journo's supposed to asses things apart from with numbers? The problem is SI don't have enough people to make the journo's do enough checks for it to be real, for example think about all the checks you need just to ask something simple like "is Alex Henshall ready for an international call-up?" (he's a left winger for example)

1. check player natural positions

2. check international current squad for those positions

3. compare stat for pace

4. compare stat for crossing

5. compare stat for creativity

6. compare stat for flair

7. if total of all stats come to within 10% of current internationals then ask question.

And that's just me putting down the critera for it to be a relevant question. I've not even gone to how the answers would affect things

Quite true indeed - and probably not even half of what would actually be needed to be checked (is 1st choice for that position out injured, compare player's current form to that of others in same position, etc.). I wouldn't think the programming side of it would be particularly taxing (it's only looking up numbers in a DB), the amount of coding time that would have to go into making sure every question had a robust set of criteria would probably not provide enough payoff for it to be worthwhile.

Archived