Shareholders dividends - any clubs that don't have to pay?

A shareholder is a person who has invested money into the club with the intention of then benefiting from when (if) the club makes a profit. Therefore, if you're making a profit the shareholders will indeed be payed that profit.

If you want to avoid it, you have to find a club that is not a PLC.

Lower league clubs usually arent but will turn into them when they get bigger. So even if you find one thats not it probably wont last long if you have success.

Are Chairmen still eligible to receive a dividend? On a previous FM I managed Forest who weren't a Public Company and didn't have any shareholders. However, the Chairman took a dividend at the end of each season.

It put me off running a profit to be honest. You may aswell spend every penny in your transfer budget.

Are Chairmen still eligible to receive a dividend? On a previous FM I managed Forest who weren't a Public Company and didn't have any shareholders. However, the Chairman took a dividend at the end of each season.

It put me off running a profit to be honest. You may aswell spend every penny in your transfer budget.

The chairman is elected by the board to "lead" the board and represent its shareholders, and as a result, the chairman may have ownership of the club via shares, so yes, he could be entitled to a dividend.

Even non-PLCs sometimes pay dividends, and sometimes PLCs don't pay dividends, investing it all back into the club. Arsenal, for example, are a PLC (strictly-speaking, Arsenal Holdings plc is) but have paid no dividends for a while; Manchester United are owned by the Glazers (strictly-speaking, a myriad of holding companies) but the Glazers are entitled to take out a dividend.

As x42bn6 says, the owner can still pay himself from the profit even if the company isn't listed. After all, if you own it, you can do whatever you want with the money.

The easiest way to avoid dividend payments is to not make a profit.

As x42bn6 says, the owner can still pay himself from the profit even if the company isn't listed. After all, if you own it, you can do whatever you want with the money.

The easiest way to avoid dividend payments is to not make a profit.

That seems rather extreme!

Even non-PLC clubs pay out dividends. PLC only means it's publicly listed company. Most of the clubs that I play with pay out dividends at the end of the year when I made profits.

A good thing to do is to use the spare money to do things like renew key players' contract (and offer them high sign on fees to secure it) before the season end, so at least you put those profits into good use

Every team in the game pays a shareholder dividend at the end of the Season. Im unsure as to why SI have never sorted this. Maybe its a way to keep the games financials in check.

In reality Steve Gibson the Middlesbrough chairman does not take a penny from the club, he actually offsets any debt against his private companies.

Barcelona dont pay anything as the are fan owned.

Im unsure as to why this has never been corrected, maybe someone from SI can shed some light on the situation.

Archived