Player postion Defending Free Kicks

For defending free kicks and corners, I always tell my two of my players to mark the posts and assign 1 to the near post and 1 to the far post. Sometimes in the game depending on where the free kick is my players are hanging around the penalty area and not stood on the post where I want them to be. I have just conceded yet another goal where a deep curling cross got put in the back of the net on a free kick by the opposition. I am sure if the player was stood where I had assigned him this may have been prevented. Why do the players not follow instructions some of the time.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-026.gif

For defending free kicks and corners, I always tell my two of my players to mark the posts and assign 1 to the near post and 1 to the far post. Sometimes in the game depending on where the free kick is my players are hanging around the penalty area and not stood on the post where I want them to be. I have just conceded yet another goal where a deep curling cross got put in the back of the net on a free kick by the opposition. I am sure if the player was stood where I had assigned him this may have been prevented. Why do the players not follow instructions some of the time.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-026.gif

Regarding your last sentence - I have to say thats pretty realistic.

Players do stand out of position or get caught in a lapse of concentration.

Uhh, if you tell players to stand on the posts and they aren't on the posts that's more then a lack of concentration, it's one this to lose your man and a whole other thing to lose an inanimate object.

That being said, there are a number of reasons to not put players on the posts of free kicks because the opposition can't be put offside and hence your keeper is left with less room to collect the ball. I never put players on the posts for free kicks and most teams IRL never do either, this is why players in-game don't always mark the posts because it's generally accepted not to for most free kicks, so they move out an man up on the edge of the area.

But goals from DFKs are actually rare as hell in 11.3 so I wouldn't worry about it in the first place, corners and IFKs are the season killers.

Archived