Positions ..Why have light green and dark green? he ether plays there or he doesn't

ok thinking about this actually annoys the F out of me.....

fair enough if the Position is red or yellow its clear that the player cant play in this position. but really why have 2 greens ?

why not just 3?......RED for NO NO, this play cannot play here. YELLOW for he has played in this position before but is not comfortable GREEN yes this player CAN PLAY in this position

take the likes of joe Cole, Ronaldo and Messi ...... 1st Cole, he has dark green in ALL midfield positions, but only one Light green as an attacking left winger ...as a chelsea fan for 15 years i know that Cole can play ANYWHERE in midfield so in the game he should have ALL light green or...... 1 green....THIS PLAYER CAN PLAY ANYWHERE IN MIDFIELD..the fact that he has dark green everywhere makes me not want to buy him....and in past FM's he always a bit part player. even when he was the best player at chelsea (around 2006-08) in FM game he was a back up because i was only light green in 1 position.....if chelsea played a 442 he would not play....

take Messi in the game he only has 1 light green as a attacking midfielder / second striker ....COME ON he can easily play as a right winger or even a right midfielder ...

the same with Ronaldo in real life is the same good player if he plays on the right or left !!!! but not in FM

i know the light Green is their natural Position

but i find the light Green takes so much away from dark green positions ...

why not have just one Green....light Green to show the player CAN play in that position

thank you

I agree in a certain respect, that there should only be 1 final level of comfort in a position, I think maybe after a season or two of the right player with the right stats should be come a "natural" in the position, I'd have accomplished be blue or something... just so you know.

that i found the Dark green is pointless in the game

Everything in the game has it's purpose.

This certain part is to signify the difference between a natural position and merely "accomplished".

Steve Gerrard would probably be an accomplished right-back. But he is a natural midfielder.

Substitute the name Steve Gerrard for "Joe Bloggs", and you'll end up playing a quality midfielder at right back with your current suggestion of having just one green colour.

You only know Messi is a natural right-winger because you know his real-life identity.

You're forgetting that we're playing a game here.

I Disagree.

In real life Rooney is a striker but i have no doubt that as an attacking midfirelder he is definatly accomplished.

He would prefer to play as a striker and that would be his natural position but his manager knows that he is more than capable in other positions.

I guess this is just FM's way of telling you that the player shold be playing in this position but if you so choose he with do more than enough if you choose to play him in any of these positions.

The same with Ryan Giggs he is a left winger but he would be accomplised as a Centre Midfield player should you widh to play him there. He is not a natural Centre Mid but as the years have gone on he has become very good at playing there.

When they become Natural in a new position, they stay Natural and you can take them off training the position. However, if you train a player from Competent to Accomplished and then take him off, he will eventually drop back to Competent again.

Fanboys, to the rampart!! We must defend the game!!

Seriously though, I agree with his point. Player's position is as subjective as his attributes, and SI researchers altering some players' natural position over the years is evidence of this. To minimize the subjectivity, SI should eliminate natural and reduce the system to red for not trained, yellow for competent, and green for accomplished. The concept of natural position is kind of ridiculous because nobody was born to play in a particular position; they have to train and play at that position for some time to become comfortable and accomplished at the position. Messi is not a "natural" winger or Gerrard is not a "natural" midfielder. They just play there because their strengths and attributes fit those roles and their managers like to play them there according to the tactics.

it depends on the situation, i had a regen, centre mid and defensive mid as natural positions right mid accomplished, spent a year on loan and won young player of the year in spain and broke into the brazil national team playing as a centre mid, i thought he looked better as a right back so i moved him there and set up the training, after a year and a bit he was a natural right back and now plays there for brazil. He must have a high versitility rating i would imagine because he learned the position very quickly. I think also the fact his stats match the position means he was able to play quite well there from the start. He no longer trains in the position, just moved onto my defesive training schedule.

brunoprofileattributes2.png

brunoprofilepositions.png

I also made a thread not long ago from another save where Aaron Ramsey had been trained by the AI to be one of the worlds top right backs, after he was 26/27 and he became natural at right back.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260831-Aaron-Ramsey-European-defender-of-the-year?highlight=Aaron+Ramsey

Archived