Tactic familiairty in new season

Can anyone explain me why tactic familiarity drops at unexpected rates after season?

In the first season I maxed two tactics, then lots of players came back from loans so I thought it is normal familiarity dropped. But after second season it dropped to 0! And didn't increase for few weeks despite training only one with 30% workload. I looked with the RTE at top teams and all have familiarity at max lvls despite it's season preparation time. Is it a bug, or I don't know sth?

i've been using the same tactic for 20 years. I've played as 4 teams in that time and i've found it nothing but brilliant, the 20 league titles, 7 champions leagues, 2 world cups, copa america, and countless domestic cups would also back this up. Although i'll give you a little tip for free...

my 4231 tactic is my saved tactic but i would also recommend creating tweaked versions of your tactic, for example i changed my 4231 to 442 by moving the AMC to striker and moving my wingers back into a lower position on the wings...but why do this i hear you ask.

well.....when the AI start to get used to my tactic i simply change to 442 and after about 10 mins in the game i switch back to 4231. Some people would argue that this seems a bit pointless, but it does throw the opposition off their game simply by confusing them and I only have to do this every 4/5 seasons.

not to sound too much like neil Buchanon from art attack...but why don't you 'try it yourslef at home'

I think you didn't understand me well. I am complaining about the mechanism of match preparation and tactics familiarity. I am not newbie, and your tips are known to me. Thanks though.

It might be important that i play on patch 11.3.

SI needs to start applying some logic to this topic.

In the editor, every club has a preferred tactic. Yet when the game starts, the players seem to have 0 familiarity with it. Does that make any sense?

Like the OP posted, Ive seen some seasons where my club forgot the tactic they were playing just the season before. Yet other times they remember and Ive seen no loss of familiarity. Can someone from SI please address this issue?

Archived