What Happened to My Transfer Budget?

I hope this is in the right place.

So I'm playing this save as OL. I'm in my second season. I had about $30mil in transfer money, and I spent around $7mil on German and French kids to put in my youth system. I also really wanted Eden Hazard, but nothing I could do would make Lille budge. They finally give in, only after I go to the board and beg for more money (which they didn't want to give me). So they said they were going to give me more money...but instead of getting that money, basically my entire transfer budget disappeared.

Here is a screencap of my finances screen:

http://i.imgur.com/RoxZa.png

EDIT:

And income, expenditures, and transfers:

http://i.imgur.com/29D7t.png

http://i.imgur.com/aZUqu.png

http://i.imgur.com/1dzq6.png

There does seem to be something strange going on but there are possible explanations.

£24m has gone out of your transfer budget but only £10m has been spent on actual transfers from the expenditure screen and this may include monthly installments from prior seasons.

If you agree installments I believe the initial fee + any installments due in the current season are taken out of the budget. Last month (November?) you paid out £240k which must be installments as you aren't in a transfer window so that leaves a max of 240k*12 = £2.88m which would have come out of your budget.

There is also the possibility that the wage/transfer budgets have been altered during the season.

The final possible explanation is any future transfers that have been agreed as robzilla has pointed out.

There does seem to be something strange going on but there are possible explanations.

£24m has gone out of your transfer budget but only £10m has been spent on actual transfers from the expenditure screen and this may include monthly installments from prior seasons.

If you agree installments I believe the initial fee + any installments due in the current season are taken out of the budget. Last month (November?) you paid out £240k which must be installments as you aren't in a transfer window so that leaves a max of 240k*12 = £2.88m which would have come out of your budget.

There is also the possibility that the wage/transfer budgets have been altered during the season.

The final possible explanation is any future transfers that have been agreed as robzilla has pointed out.

The thing is that the money only went away once I asked for more. I didn't use any monthly installments unless they were already programmed into the game. As for future transfers, it's about $2 million.

Ahhh, alright.

But I'm probably out of luck for this save game then? You can't add the patch to an already loaded game?

You can, some changes are applied immediately, some at the end of your current season.

Be aware though that some ME changes might have a negative effect on your tactics. You might want to wait until the end of your season but if you haven't patched to 11.3 I would recommend you do so at some stage.

Is this going to permanently screw up my budget, or just for this year? I just won the CL, and noooooo money.

Well, the budget the club gives you is based on your financial situation, so if you increase the budget too much you won't have much next year. Just put it up to whatever you think the board would have given you if it hadn't gone wrong. Just don't increase the club balance, as that WOULD be cheating.

the mboard take the money off you whilst they arrange the traansfer themselves dont they?

They do, but I've always found that when the board negotiate transfers for you they always overpay massively, both in fee and in wages.

Is this going to permanently screw up my budget, or just for this year? I just won the CL, and noooooo money.

Just for this year.

Budget will be evaluated at the beginning of your next season and based on your bank balance etc.

• 4 months later...

Archived