Best role for a defender (BSP)

Just taken over at my local and boyhood club Grimsby, always do a season with them on every edition at some point. Just wondering what kind of role you would set your CB in the BSP (blue square premier). Normally I would use the stopper/cover system but was just wondering if anyone had used this before in the BSP before and it had failed or had found a better role. Obviously the BSP is a different kettle of fish and so is it better to use a limited defender system?

are your central midfielders good at passing compared to the division averange? if they are use ballplaying defenders since this will focus more buildup down the center, if the central mids are poor at passing compared to the averange use limited defenders to put safer passes out wide

are your central midfielders good at passing compared to the division averange? if they are use ballplaying defenders since this will focus more buildup down the center, if the central mids are poor at passing compared to the averange use limited defenders to put safer passes out wide

They are good passers. I'm looking at playing a 4-3-3 formation, with Bryan Hughes as one of the midfielder so its obvious he's a great passer of the ball at that level.

I found that keeping them as CB set to defend was the best for me when I managed Fleetwood at BSP level. Was promoted in my first season with Grimsby

You did a season with Grimsby? Nice too see that other people take an interest in our club! How did you find it?:)

i agree with whats been said Limited is made for the league IMO

preferably with one as stopper and the other as cover but with a good midfielder set as an anchor man ive found both cbs set as defend works just as well

In the BSS I've got a stopper/cover partnership. I'm in the 4th round of the f.a. cup, 3rd round of f.a. trophy and top the league by 12 points. I've conceded 14 goals but my CB's are rated as good league 2 cb's as is my goalkeeper.

Both have passing set as long and I also have a ball-winning CM to help.

Archived