Dont you just hate nose-diiving out of europe :(

yes in first couple of saves when i got the game,group stage dominate the group then when you resume in feb and a team you should beat easily gives you the biggest hiding you ever seen after that you see a similar pattern.(every year)

after that i dont presume to beat even an average team,if the other team are dominating position you have to change, i change to a possession tactic or even a defensive tactic even at home to get play back and it works most of the time.

I know. I always get my ass licked soon as I face a moderately decent team. And I am only talking about the Europa League btw. Winnable with the likes of chelsea but impossible with with an average team. I find it impossible anyway. Seriously, I'm always pegged back from start to finish in those away matches. I often go through the entire match without having even 1 moderately decent attempt at goal. I don't care how bad my tactics or whatever may be, how can I not create at least 1 decent attempt at goal? I'm not exactly doing a complete overhaul of my tactics here, so one would think they should have the expressive freedom to create 1 decent chance on their own.

I don't exactly want to wait intil 2025 before having a realistic chance

I remember once beating Man City on the Europa League by 4-0 at home(and they had a player sent off) but i couldn't afford to lose any points on the league so i thought, "it's ok anyone can park a bus so i'll just line-up a secondary team with reserves and a couple of youngsters".

Yup.. lost 4-0 during the 90 minutes than conceded one more at extra time to get knocked out, completly my fault!

Last season with Rangers (season 2013-2014) I was beaten by Real Madrid 8-0 in the final game of the Champions League group stage.

Finished 3rd and qualified for the Europa league.

Beat Panithanaikos 4-0 home 1st leg.

Lost second leg 5-0.

This season (2014-2015) I was beaten 8-1 by Spurs in the group stage away from home!!

Was expecting team to be spurs for a moment but I've had this happen to me before thinking a 3-0 away win would result in an easier home victory or at least draw and end up going out, just one of things that makes football manager great though.

Archived