Computer Performance

I only have a 1gig desktop to play fm on and the game keeps crashing early in season 1. i only use the classic 2d engine and for adding on the bsn and bss i take out the scottish leagues (even though im still within the comp limits according to the config image). Any ideas anyone? :confused:

Sorry. The screen just goes black and the computer returns to the desktop saying the programme has to close as there is an error. If i click cancel at this stage it just gives the option of clicking ok which ends my game and then when i reload it is saved ok from my previous save point. It has happened at various times sometimes during matches as 2 days ago! and sometimes when just navigating my way around the game.

I would suggest looking through the above link to try to work through some troubleshooting options.

The link does go through a black screen issue (although normally at start up of the game) but doing things like clearing the cache, updating graphic card drivers, etc may help.

Run a virus scan and spyware check. Are you running anything at the same time as fm? There might be something running at the same time as fm thats causing problems especially as you only have 1gb ram. If a virus and spyware scan dont turn up anything unusual then I would suggest that you download and install the free program gamebooster which will temporarily stop any process running in the background that your computer doesnt really need to work successfully.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I would invest in more ram if I were you because 1gb isnt really enough to run fm with a large amount of leagues. Its not that expensive and is really easy to fit yourself so dont take your computer to a shop (especially pc world) because they'll charge a small fortune and probably keep your computer all day when it only takes about 10 minutes to diy. If your not sure about how to do this yourself then have a look at youtube where you'll find plenty of videos showing you how to do it.

Click on the link below and run the crucial memory scan it should tell you exactly what type of memory you need. I would recommend 2gb as a minimum.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/drammemory.aspx?gclid=CKn-msqSmqgCFUEa4QodQEuACQ&cpe=pd_google_uk&ef_id=LflNpe5sI0cAAEnJ:20110413184148:s

2gb isn't all that much by todays standards especially if you want to use FM with qiute a few leagues and have other stuff running in the background. If your budget can stretch to it I would suggest a laptop with at least 4gb and a 64bit os.

If 2gb is all you can stretch to then I would strongly suggest downloading gamebooster

well its all good i took control of vauxhall motors in the blue square north and after 5 wins and 2 draws in pre season ive won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2 sitting second in the table 2 points off eastwood with a game in hand :-) happy days

Archived