:mad: Two crashes in one day!

Ok, so I'm having the weirdest first game on FMH with the Arsenal (18th, P24, W3, D12, L9, Pts21) but thats not my gripe, I can deal with my crapness and I'm beginning to get used to the new tactic system and I've just started to put some results together.

BUT I just had 3 wins on the bounce, then the game crashed and my PSP restarted. I lost all three games. icon_frown.gif

It also happened earlier today and I lost about 6 games as I didn't have autosave enabled.

Both times it was when I pushed the R shoulder button on the squad screen.

Just thought I'd better let you guys at SI know.

Ok, so I'm having the weirdest first game on FMH with the Arsenal (18th, P24, W3, D12, L9, Pts21) but thats not my gripe, I can deal with my crapness and I'm beginning to get used to the new tactic system and I've just started to put some results together.

BUT I just had 3 wins on the bounce, then the game crashed and my PSP restarted. I lost all three games. icon_frown.gif

It also happened earlier today and I lost about 6 games as I didn't have autosave enabled.

Just thought I'd better let you guys at SI know.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Both times it was when I pushed the R shoulder button on the squad screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you remember what screen you would have been going to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Both times it was when I pushed the R shoulder button on the squad screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you remember what screen you would have been going to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 80% sure it was Tactics both times.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solsagooner:

I'm 80% sure it was Tactics both times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats working fine here on both my emulator and on my PSP itself - I'll try it again on tuesday (when I'm back in the office) on a dev kit and see if I can spot anything untoward.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

Funny you should mention that because I had 2 crashes also. My screen froze and i coudn't do anything then the machine just re-loaded the game again.

I think the first time I left the game on unattended for a while and the second time I was looking through my team players profiles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

How do you save the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on your name and it is the last option on the screen. Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

How do you save the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on your name and it is the last option on the screen. Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solsagooner:

I'm 80% sure it was Tactics both times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats working fine here on both my emulator and on my PSP itself - I'll try it again on tuesday (when I'm back in the office) on a dev kit and see if I can spot anything untoward.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem marc. I just thought I should let you know. These things just happen on new platforms. I can't believe the job you've done with this version to be honest. Amazing customer service as well.

My symptoms are exactly the same as Tony7's btw. 5 second freeze then PSP powers down. The squad screen seems to be the common denomenator.

Glad this thread was created because I thought it was just my PSP.

My PSP is over a year old and is the Jap version if that helps oh and I am using a 32MB memory stick that comes with the value pack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

Glad this thread was created because I thought it was just my PSP.

My PSP is over a year old and is the Jap version if that helps oh and I am using a 32MB memory stick that comes with the value pack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UK PAL 4 months old for me. 1 Gig mem card.

I still enjoy playing the game by the way and as i save it every week I wont mind too much about the game crashing unless I win a play off final or Champions league final and it decided to crash before I got the chance to save it icon_frown.gif

I still enjoy playing the game by the way and as i save it every week I wont mind too much about the game crashing unless I win a play off final or Champions league final and it decided to crash before I got the chance to save it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded btw.

My icon_mad.gif was a bit impusive tbh. Feel free to edit it out of the title if you want. icon_smile.gif

had the same problem of game crashing twice.both times i was in the player profile screen.the two crashes happened on my first day playing the game and were about 10 minutes apart.the machine reset itself and reloaded the game.however i have played for a few hours now and have had no more problems.

excellent game and first attempt for a handheld management game.i am sure this game will grow from year to year like the pc game has done.

Great Game Guys really enjoying it my forearms are getting dodgy from playing too much!

I also have had the game crash on me twice in the space of 10mins, however it hasn't happened in the other 15 hrs I have played, I think I was navigating screens when it happened

Exactly the same here - two crashes, both on same day of purchase, been fine since. Both crashes occured when I was in the squad screen attempting to swap player positions around..game froze for about 5 seconds then crashed on me (black screen). Since I have now put the game on auto save 9evey month) the crashes ahvent occured, just something I noticed..

Just thought I'd better let you guys at SI know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you running with the latest version of the PSP firmware?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medion:

Just thought I'd better let you guys at SI know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you running with the latest version of the PSP firmware? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.

Archived