Aiming for the keeper

I have noticed since 11.3 that there seems to be a lot of shots hitting the post. Scoring rate doesnt seem wrong - in fact I seem to be scoring more than before - but just seems weird. That and also keep beating the keeper at the near post from a tight angle

if im not mistaken you can ask the player to not shoot at the goalie? doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!!
playing a striker in the position instead of a centre back tends to help

Your not going to make it as a comedy double act :rolleyes:

@ OP

Its most likely a graphical issue, there are only a limited number of animations and when a player takes a shot only a limited number of things can happen.

A) Goal

B) Save & held

C) Save & corner

D) Save & pushed back into play

E) Hits woodwork

F) Misses

When B happens it looks like your player is shooting at the keeper but basically the ME has calculated a save has been made and picked the best animation to show that. It doesn't mean your player is actually shooting at the keeper, there simply isn't the range of animations to show the sort of variety of saves we see in real life.

Your not going to make it as a comedy double act :rolleyes:

@ OP

Its most likely a graphical issue, there are only a limited number of animations and when a player takes a shot only a limited number of things can happen.

A) Goal

B) Save & held

C) Save & corner

D) Save & pushed back into play

E) Hits woodwork

F) Misses

When B happens it looks like your player is shooting at the keeper but basically the ME has calculated a save has been made and picked the best animation to show that. It doesn't mean your player is actually shooting at the keeper, there simply isn't the range of animations to show the sort of variety of saves we see in real life.

ah makes alot of sense!

thanks

Archived