Advice- Following in Jose's Footsteps...

Second season and I've just won league with spurs and league cup. Won the league at the Emirates but lost the fa cup final to L'arse.

I had been offered milan job but decided against it. Now ive been offered Real Madrid job with £100m transfer kitty. I've got a good squad at spurs- phil jones, rodwell, lukaku, neymar, alexis sanchez and others.

Finances arent great at spurs, im 8mill in debt due to wages and the club had to cancel my new training facilities. Everyone is happy at spurs with bale and modric the stand out performers.

SO...cutting to the chase - do i accept real madrid? Should I do a new save game and then I can always go back to spurs if it doesnt work out? Ive never been a fan of doing this kind of thing but ive not played much fm11.

Any thoughts appreciated. Madrid only lost the league by 2points so I dont know if the madrid hierarchy would cut me much slack!

Yeah i'd move if i was you. In fact i'm planning on leaving everton after having only won the League cup. It's boring playing against the same big spenders all the time and playing the same cup comps. I'd prefer to move to a french or german team to be honest but I want to take my top regen along with and not sure how many of them will be able to cover his transfer fee/ wages.

Keep your staying for a long time at one club for a small club to big club challenge.

stupid question - i could just save it as something different and have the best of both worlds with 2 games couldnt I?

erm yeh i thought that was your intention...guess i didn't read carefully. But i've only done this once before and kinda fizzled out stuck between everton and bayern so might be best to commit to one.

Not like you can't get most of your interesting spurs players with that money especially if you've got them in financial trouble. And you can always go back to england and get one over on Arsenal down the line.

I've got a good squad at spurs- phil jones, rodwell, lukaku, neymar, alexis sanchez and others.!

how on earth did you afford all those players in only two seasons with spurs? and how did you get them to go to you? Especially Neymar/Sanchez?

i'm not questioning you validity, it's just in my save with spurs, you dont get very much transfer budget in the first season...and you didnt win the league in the first either...so maybe would have had £50/60m max in the second...?

the board were so tight with me too! haha

how on earth did you afford all those players in only two seasons with spurs? and how did you get them to go to you? Especially Neymar/Sanchez?

i'm not questioning you validity, it's just in my save with spurs, you dont get very much transfer budget in the first season...and you didnt win the league in the first either...so maybe would have had £50/60m max in the second...?

the board were so tight with me too! haha

My bet it's the old 48 month payments trick. He did mention causing spurs debt :)

I will need to go back and check how those deals were structured, but there may have been a payments situation going on...ahem... I think winning the league 2nd season is a good achievement.

I really didnt think about the deals when I made them, i was just intent on securing the players. The poor manager following me is indeed not gonna have much cash.

It is totally valid though, I havent told any lies, nor have i come on here to boast about who I got whilst bankrupting the club! I just wanted to give some circumstances to my situation, if that makes sense.

And I never said I had a great squad, i said it was good. This is only my second and third full seasons on the game and I was tempted by Madrid job, cant blame me for that.

I wonder if they will reduce the budget down from £98 million next season? The season has only just finished..

As for the budget- as well as the payments over time, I also got to the semis first season in the Champions League so a lot of cash came in that way.

I moved to Sevilla from Everton...starting to regret it. Bunch of babies these Spanish. Complain to the media when I give them the hairdryer treatment for being down to the likes of getafe and ALmeria at half time.

As it stands at the moment heres the payments:

alexis sanchez is £675k a month for next 14 months

lukaku £130k for next 26 months

neymar £825k for next 20 months

So yeah, I'm paying a fair whack for those lads. Like I said, I'm keeping the spurs game in case it all goes t*ts up at madrid. cheers for all opinions. (well, most of them!)

PS Have got 94% for financial control so i'm clearly not bankrupting the club just yet.

I will need to go back and check how those deals were structured, but there may have been a payments situation going on...ahem... I think winning the league 2nd season is a good achievement.

I really didnt think about the deals when I made them, i was just intent on securing the players. The poor manager following me is indeed not gonna have much cash.

It is totally valid though, I havent told any lies, nor have i come on here to boast about who I got whilst bankrupting the club! I just wanted to give some circumstances to my situation, if that makes sense.

And I never said I had a great squad, i said it was good. This is only my second and third full seasons on the game and I was tempted by Madrid job, cant blame me for that.

I wonder if they will reduce the budget down from £98 million next season? The season has only just finished..

As for the budget- as well as the payments over time, I also got to the semis first season in the Champions League so a lot of cash came in that way.

i wasnt questioning you though mate! just wondered how you did it!

plus you done well to win the league in the second season...

i think my first season with spurs i scraped 4th...second season i finished 3rd but won the champions league...which most people would say was good...but i found it a little unrealistic...plus the champions league is always the trophy i struggle to win and is the pinnacle of my game...and to achieve that so easily made the game a little boring!

Archived