Football Manger estimated game speed?

Is it accurrate, because I was going to play FM10 the estimated game speed was half a star and my database was on medium and Leagues I loaded were only germany and itally first and second divsions which was like 15000 players or so.

Reason I'm playing FM10 because I think it plays faster and sims faster than FM11.

Just ignore what the stars say. They are not entirely reliable. Just out of interest what are your computer specs and do you have anything else running in the background at the same time as playing FM?

I have also wondered about the star system, how many people actually have saves with half a star estimated speed.

I'm in 2017 of a save with half a star game speed and am happy with the processing times I'm getting atm.

Edit....with all leagues set to playable from 13 nations.

ignore the speed star rating...complete nonsense!

ever since it was introduced i've played with a half a star rating and had no bother...

i was in 2025 in a recent save on FM11 with around 13/15 nations playable and it was still running smoothly!

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up, just wanted peoples thoughts on the star rating on 2012.

I'm always paying attention to this system, and have never started a game if the stars are below 3 usually. With my laptop, thats about 6 countries and maybe 7 leagues, if that. (Not very much)

I was just wondering if this system is nonsense and I've been wasting my time? So I just started a new game with more leagues and countries loaded, not that many though and after reading this thread I am confident I should be fine with a long career.

Is anyone in the same boat?

Btw, my Specs in short are:

2.40GHz processor (AMD Turon II P540 Dual-Core)

4GB RAM

I've loaded a custom database with 64000 players loaded. (large)

My FM2011 save is only rated half star for speed, has over the 75,000 players recommended limit and I am running all European nations plus most of the others in the game, though not all divisions in all of the leagues.

I'm happy with speed. I surf the net while it processes.

I've found my save to be completely fine over the first few seasons with estimated half star. I think if you take it to the extreme (i.e., keep adding lots of leagues AFTER it first said half star) then you will notice slow processing times, but in my experience, if you stop adding leagues at the point it first says half star, it seems fine.

Archived