Improving Team Talks

I'm sure a lot of people, like me, have certain issues when it comes to which Team Talk to use and when. A number of times I've been pretty uncertain which one to use, and one of the reasons is I don't know which context the 'Talk' is in. I'm specifically referring to the 'Don't let your performance drop!', but there are a few which are rather dubious. Is 'performance drop' said positively as in 'keep this up' or is it negaitve as in 'this better remain our level of performance'?

Anyway, to help improve this system I would like the talks to be split into 'Positive', 'Negative' and 'Neutral' categories.

Examples would be:

Start of the Game:

Positive:

Play like you did last time

We can win this

For the fans!

Neutral:

Expect a win

Pressure is off

Negative:

We must get a result here

You must perform better than the last game

Nothing but a win is acceptable

Half-Time

Positive:

Delighted

Pleased (but please not the dreaded half-time 2-0 up at home 'Pleased', oh god we lost 3-2)

Keep playing like this

One more goal will do it

Encourage

We can turn this around

Neutral:

Satisfied

Performance is OK

Sympathise

Negative:

Angry

Disappointed

Where's the passion?

We must get a result here

Pull your finger out

Full-Time

Positive:

Delighted

Fantastic result

Pleased

Carry this on to the next game!

Great comeback

Neutral:

Satisfied

Sympathise

Good effort (for a loss to a team you were expected to lose against)

Average performance

Negative:

Angry

Disappointed

This was a game we should have won

These are just examples, I'm sure others could come up with more/better 'talks'. I think the team talks do need a slight re-vamp and I think this splitting into categories will help people convey what they want in a slightly better manner than before.

Thoughts?

There is little doubt that this area of the game would benefit from some expansion. The downside to this is the extended effects all of these would have on each player, depending on their attributes, so I am not sure that it as simple as adding extra commenst.

Archived