Selling a club legend

Do you ever sell a club legend? I am manager of Man United and last season had a striker that scored 63 goals in 55 games he is now 31 years old and I have been offered £30 million for him which I could use to replace him with a much younger player. The thing stopping me is that I do not plan to be at the club that long, so long term thinking is not really needed. Would you sell a club legend for a decent amount of money to bring in a couple of younger players?

it depends on what you are planning, if you have a player that is old and you can get good money for, then i would sell him on and bring in someone else, the fans wont be happy, but if the replacement does the business and you are winning games, they wont be complaining.

Yes. If they're not good enough or I get a great offer, I'll sell them.

Sold Torres on a save this year after 3 seasons, as he was simply too injury prone, and the fans gave me a load of abuse for it. Even though I got about 30 million for him, he never produced the good at AC Milan, and I brought in Dzeko on a free to replace him and he outscored him totally.

I'm currently playing my old FM10 save which is 30 years in, and I've taken over at Liverpool twice, Spurs, and West Ham(All 3 are now powerhouses due to me), and each time when I did so, I cleared out the dead wood, some of whom were legends. I've no problem with doing it.

Archived