A-league Grand Final on at the same time as an Australia Game

Really guys?! Really?! I've lost my ENTIRE FIRST TEAM SQUAD!!! For the bloody grand final no less, and to a game that AUSTRALIA is playing. Are you kidding me SI! How can you bugger the A-league this much up that end?! I mean really!

So what can't you jokes get right now:

- Repuations

- Dynamic League Reputation outside of Europe and potentially South America

- The Structure of the A-league

- The fixtures of the A-league

- The rules of the A-league

This is a bloody joke! A complete and total joke!

The problem is that as much as we argue we just do not get enough support to have the A-League fixed. A look at the previous thread will show it died pretty quickly once the discussion moved onto issues with the A-League and there was a notible lack of SI staff posts. It's unfortunate, as the game is brilliant but these sort of issues really leave a bad taste in the mouth of those who know how the league works properly.

Really guys?! Really?! I've lost my ENTIRE FIRST TEAM SQUAD!!! For the bloody grand final no less, and to a game that AUSTRALIA is playing. Are you kidding me SI! How can you bugger the A-league this much up that end?! I mean really!

- Repuations

Well, actually this is not too far from reality. Albeit, it was not the entire first team squad, but several leading teams in the A-League had players missing for the Asian Cup going into the finals series. Given, most were European or Asian based, but if you create a strong locally based team, then your in danger of exactly what happened to you. Unfortunately, the game is set to a structure, if you by hook or by crook, bend that, you pay the price. That is, how you have an A-League team representing most of Australian Squad, is beyond me.

Well, it's actually 10 players out of the 15 players in my usual matchday squad.

I'd also point out that being Australian I know that some players were missing for a few regular matches over January for the Asian Cup. However, it should be pointed out that this was firstly, a one off because of the heat in Qatar, and secondly this was not the GRAND FINAL! I can't stress how important a point that is. It was the bloody GRAND FINAL. This would NEVER happen in real life, they would sooner change the date of the Grand Final than have it played with reserve teams.

Also, on the point of how:

Luke DeVere - Started at Brisbane and doesn't want to leave. He's on a cool $3000 per week.

Chris Griffiths - A young Aussie who I signed from the Central Coast Mariners shorted after the rules were inexplicably changed... Good young player, doesn't want to leave either, he's now my Captain.

Goran Mikolaj - Another product of the Mariners, and another who doesn't wish to leave.

Dario Vidosic - Released by Nurnburg, so I snapped him up. Good player.

Nathan Burns - Also released and I also just snapped him up.

David Carney - Unwanted at Blackpool, another good player.

Rhys Williams - Got unsettled at M'Boro and didn't want to stay. Eventually came to me after some long negotiations.

Ben Kantarovski - Nicked him from the Jets, cost some coin though.

Adam Federici - Was unwanted and on a free transfer after some injuries. Been good for me now though.

Jason Davidson - Got him on a free as well, he's rubbish though.

Luke Wilkshere - Was on a big wage at Man City, got injured a lot though. Came to me at 33, still a really good player, very injury prone though.

Tim Cahill - Not what he was, but does a job at the tender age of 36.

So, that's how that happened.

Also, didn't matter in the end as I still had my international stars who despite the weak core in defense and midfield (playing 2 youth players) and my backup keeper playing (albeit Dean Bouzanis... Who's rubbish strangely enough) completely tore the Mariners into ribbons. My Mexican striker Balta tearing through them with a hattrick and an assist to put the shine on it. 4-0 in the end. Balta is a beast though 63 goals in 32 appearances in all competitions this season.

Well, it's actually 10 players out of the 15 players in my usual matchday squad.

I'd also point out that being Australian I know that some players were missing for a few regular matches over January for the Asian Cup. However, it should be pointed out that this was firstly, a one off because of the heat in Qatar, and secondly this was not the GRAND FINAL! I can't stress how important a point that is. It was the bloody GRAND FINAL. This would NEVER happen in real life, they would sooner change the date of the Grand Final than have it played with reserve teams.

Also, on the point of how:

Luke DeVere - Started at Brisbane and doesn't want to leave. He's on a cool $3000 per week.

Chris Griffiths - A young Aussie who I signed from the Central Coast Mariners shorted after the rules were inexplicably changed... Good young player, doesn't want to leave either, he's now my Captain.

Goran Mikolaj - Another product of the Mariners, and another who doesn't wish to leave.

Dario Vidosic - Released by Nurnburg, so I snapped him up. Good player.

Nathan Burns - Also released and I also just snapped him up.

David Carney - Unwanted at Blackpool, another good player.

Rhys Williams - Got unsettled at M'Boro and didn't want to stay. Eventually came to me after some long negotiations.

Ben Kantarovski - Nicked him from the Jets, cost some coin though.

Adam Federici - Was unwanted and on a free transfer after some injuries. Been good for me now though.

Jason Davidson - Got him on a free as well, he's rubbish though.

Luke Wilkshere - Was on a big wage at Man City, got injured a lot though. Came to me at 33, still a really good player, very injury prone though.

Tim Cahill - Not what he was, but does a job at the tender age of 36.

So, that's how that happened.

Also, didn't matter in the end as I still had my international stars who despite the weak core in defense and midfield (playing 2 youth players) and my backup keeper playing (albeit Dean Bouzanis... Who's rubbish strangely enough) completely tore the Mariners into ribbons. My Mexican striker Balta tearing through them with a hattrick and an assist to put the shine on it. 4-0 in the end. Balta is a beast though 63 goals in 32 appearances in all competitions this season.

Fair Play. A good squad. Happy to hear all worked out well in the end.

- Repuations

At point one, what season are you in?

Point two, the structure is there, so don't know why you're complaining

At point one, what season are you in?

Point two, the structure is there, so don't know why you're complaining

Hmmm... Well, what's it now... 2016, so not the furthest in you're likely to get, but long enough in to see that outside of Europe that this is broken to hell.

Why?

Well, having highly successful Australian teams in the Asian Champions League and Club World Cup should not knock the A-league from number 7 in Asia to 17...

Secondly, it seems that Arab nations dominate in the league reputation. I think I know why too, because they get more teams in the competition by default and I think that the game doesn't understand that little fact and leads to them being considered the "biggest leagues". The system works well for Europe, but its broken to hell outside out it!

That is a good point about the Arab teams, but I am also finding that the K-League and J-League is falling as quick as the -League. Maybe the cash the clubs have also as a direct correlation the DLR. I am by no way saying you are wrong, just trying a add a bit more to the argument.

I agree that the A-League is shagged though and needs some major time invested to fix it.

The problem is FrazT, all these bugs have been posted for the last two to five years (depending on the issue). It is quite obvious that it comes down to the dollar signs that the A-League produces for SI. Low income equates to less time correcting (in my opinion). This is basic really, I understand that. My frustration comes from the lack of feedback from SI about what is really going on. All we have heard about the A-League is that the FFA has forced the league (poor) setup. My question to that is: were the repercussions of the current setup fully explained to the FFA? I would think not as if it was then the FFA would say "no thanks" to having the potential of the league being more important than the finals series.

In the link I posted above there was also no sign of SI. That thread has died even though it had some good ideas to move the A-League forward. So be it. What is needed is more people to buy the game in Australia or more people to become vocal on how poor it is in game.

Do you think making threads in the wrong place will have a greater effect then?

thing to remember is they will be listening, it would be stupid to ask for feedback and completely ignore it, dont get so downhearted, as you have stated its a league with tiny following in comparison to the major european leagues, it will be something they will want to improve, but getting the core leagues for the majority of players will be a higher priority.

But spamming the forums with threads on the A-league problems wont encourage any more of a response or acknowledgement from SI.

Do you think making threads in the wrong place will have a greater effect then?

thing to remember is they will be listening, it would be stupid to ask for feedback and completely ignore it, dont get so downhearted, as you have stated its a league with tiny following in comparison to the major european leagues, it will be something they will want to improve, but getting the core leagues for the majority of players will be a higher priority.

But spamming the forums with threads on the A-league problems wont encourage any more of a response or acknowledgement from SI.

That's where I think you're wrong.

The 'yoyo effect' seen here is seemingly largely caused by a small minority spamming this particular forum. If people can make everything from the quality of regens, to how often the AI will give away their stars for nothing I don't think trying this for the A-league is a bad idea.

You could obviously try, but posting in the correct place really would do you more good. Speaking with the Australian researcher and getting a good dialogue with him will do far more good than constantly making new threads on here, eventually mods will just start closing them down and you will be wasting your time (even more than you think you are now). Like i say i am sure SI will have read your points and taken them on board but unless there is something they can add to the discussion its pointless them getting involved.

Archived