Origin FM Research

I'm a University student and I'm doing a comparative research of whether it would economically be best to invest in a club in the Mexican or the Brazilian football competition. It's kind of a brief research, not my thesis or something like that, but ofcourse it needs to be graded and such. As a die-hard Football Manager gamer, I already got some info on factors that need to be taken into account, but I doubt that my teacher will deem the FM Database as an solid source. Therefore, does anyone know on which data the information for the clubs is based? And if not, does anyone have some proof of the validity of the FM database so that I, with some explanation, maybe can use it in this research?

I can answer the question. Brazil, for sure. Economy itself is growing stronger and with the news that Seedorf may be moving overseas and the clubs increasing finances it could be a popular place for veterans to play a la the USA. The currency has inflated which means less value in deals locally and better deals from abroad meaning the league should in turn grow stronger as well. Also the research for the DB is done by volunteers and the finances are worked out by these volunteers and the head researcher for that country I believe.

I'm a University student and I'm doing a comparative research of whether it would economically be best to invest in a club in the Mexican or the Brazilian football competition. It's kind of a brief research, not my thesis or something like that, but ofcourse it needs to be graded and such. As a die-hard Football Manager gamer, I already got some info on factors that need to be taken into account, but I doubt that my teacher will deem the FM Database as an solid source. Therefore, does anyone know on which data the information for the clubs is based? And if not, does anyone have some proof of the validity of the FM database so that I, with some explanation, maybe can use it in this research?

The FM database is compiled by a worldwide team of researchers, so it's not exactly compiled from anywhere.

PMLF would be a good person to PM regarding the Brazilian side of things, but I have no idea about the Mexican side.

Archived