biggest transfer profit

What's the most you've made in profit from selling someone you've bought.

Keen to see the biggest in

a) real terms (sale price - bought price)

b) as a percentage (profit/cost price x100)

also info on how long the player was at the club would be interesting in terms of how much per day you made.

I've got a couple of condidates for both but not sold either.

P.S for b people you got on free transfers need not apply :)

I once sold Robbie Fowler to my mate who was Arsenal for £7million and £5 real cash. We were about 14 and £5 was a lot of money to me!

Haha!

I think mine was about £10MIL. Had the opportunity to make about £25MIL on Essien but decided to keep him for an extra season.

I just declined an offer from Marek Hamsik of £48.8 million which would have been a profit of £40.5million. He has been at the club for 6 years now.

how the hell did you get hamsik for 8.3 mil?

Im normally not this good at haggling lol, when I was at Ajax I brought and sold alot of players but normally for 2 or 3 times what I paid, maybe a tiny bit more on occasions, my best probably Jorgensen for 1.3, sold for 10

At Fiorentina I did buy a striker for 6.5 million and Barca paid me 19 million for him 6 months later, that was his buy out clause, his name was Mariano Perez, I got Scezesney on a free and sold him for 10 million 2 seasons later, but they dont normally count

On fm11 I bought a regen defender from Shakhtar on a free and then sold him 12 months later for £35million plus 50% of his next transfer fee going to me aswell. On fm10 I bought Yoann Gourcuff on a free and sold him after three years with one year left on his contract to Juventus for £26 million. On the same game I bought Ishak Belfodil for £10.5million and then sold him to Barca for £19.5million 6 months later after some poor performances and a bad attitude. He couldn't play for them until the following season though as he had already played a game for Lyon before I signed him that season.

I bought a 21 year old argentinian regen for 10k, he got 30 goals and 20 assits in league 1 and i sold him for £2.2 at the end of the season, the chairmens fault not mine. Which is 220 times more than i paid for him, which for 1 season isnt a bad profit.

On my FM10 Werder Bremen save, I bought a regen keeper called Valerio di Francesco at aged 19 for 300k, and sold him to Atletico Madrid at aged 25 for £54m.

He was notionally the best keeper in the world by then (always in the World XI) but he really wasn't that hard to replace- and I have two keepers just as good and as young at the club now.

Only disappointing thing was that I'd hoped to keep him for an entire career to set a mammoth all-time appearances record.

Got Neymar for a free, he tore it up for one season ( top goalscorer in prem for my relegation threatened hull side) chairman accepted a bid of 47.5 mil for him

I was absolutely devastated at the time, and didnt play for a couple of days. Ended up buying a much better regen for 25 mil, who has scored bags and bags of goals :)

Archived