Ass Man not offering players contracts.

I find the process of offering new contracts to current staff and players laborious, so in team settings I have my ass man do it. Although, he doesnt seem to do it, I keep getting the "staff/player contracts set to expire" message at which I need to then go through the process of offering new contracts.

I have figured that this could be down to one of 2 reasons -

a) its a bug and even if set, my ass man wont offer new contracts

or

b) as the new contract negotiations feature is in, its no longer a case of offering a new contract, the player goes away, has a think then a couple of days later we get a message that such and such accepted or declined. Now, I am asking my ass man to negotiate rather than simply offer a new contract to the player, and for some reason it seems like him and the player cannot reach an agreement and I am left in the dark.

So, my proposal would be that, as we are asking our ass mans to negotiate contracts, we should then be given notice if the player fails to reach an agreement with the ass man, rather than just told when they do. Something as simple as "Your Assistant Manager XX has told you that he and YY have failed to reach an agreement on a new contracts". The same would apply for other staff needing contracts too!!

Of course, It may just be me who is experiencing this.

Anyone else having to offer new contracts in place of their ass man?

Im beginning to think it is a bug, might have to post it on the bug forums. Just got a message from my PA warning me that 90% of my first team is out of contract in 6 months! Offering all these contracts is tedious.

Can anyone else confirm if they are having the same problem??

My ass man isn't offering my youth contracts either, i only have him offering my youth contracts as in previous versions they would automatically give contracts to youngsters that have good potential and any that dont would just be left to expire.

They would even give them pre-contracts but i dont see this happening in this version either?

It has always been my understanding that ticking the box which says "Contract renewals handled by Ass. Man/Coach" means that you leave it up to your ass man to decide whether or not to renew a player's contract, and that if he decides to offer one, he will, but if he decides not to, he won't.

Most people seem to think it means that you are instructing him to renew all of your players contract as and when.

I don't think I've ever seen SI confirm this one way or the other, but in any case, I wouldn't trust my Ass man to renew my library books never mind my players' contracts.

Archived