Closest ever title or relegation race?

Just wondering what your tightest race was , mine was on the last day of the season Liverpool were 3 points ahead of me ( Man Utd) and Man City, and somehow liverpool lost i won on GD and city came ahead of liverpool on GD as well

I was Leeds and before final day the table looked like this

------------- pld - for - ag - gd - pts

1 - ManCity - 37 - 84 - 42 - 42 - 80

2 - Leeds ---- 37 - 82 - 44 - 38 - 80

3 - Arsenal -- 37 - 68 - 30 - 38 - 79

Last game - Leeds vs Birmingham (20th) and ManCity vs Arsenal

45th min: Leeds 3:0 Birmingham; ManCity 3:0 Arsenal (goal difference against ManCity -4, Arsenal one man down)

75th min: Leeds 4:0 Birmingham; ManCity 3:1 Arsenal (goal difference against ManCity -2)

78th min: Leeds 5:0 Birmingham; ManCity 3:1 Arsenal (goal difference against ManCity -1)

85th min: Leeds 6:0 Birmingham; ManCity 3:1 Arsenal (goal difference against ManCity 0)

Final table

cccjj.jpg

my greatest FM moment ever..

Don't really get many close title races on my save, they all tend to be a bit one-sided.

That said, going into the last game of my first season (2010-11), this was the top two:

-------------------------------Pld -- For -- Ag -- GD -- Pts

1. Liverpool----------------37 -- 73 --- 19 --- 54 --- 87

2. Arsenal -----------------37 -- 78 --- 25 --- 53 --- 87

I was at home to Blackburn, they were at Villa. We're both winning, 1-0 going into second half injury-time. Who should score to hand Arsenal the title not on points, not even on goal difference, but GOALS SCORED?

None other than Anfield's favourite son, El Hadji-Diouf.

My Xbox controller didn't survive my rage.

Don't really get many close title races on my save, they all tend to be a bit one-sided.

That said, going into the last game of my first season (2010-11), this was the top two:

I was at home to Blackburn, they were at Villa. We're both winning, 1-0 going into second half injury-time. Who should score to hand Arsenal the title not on points, not even on goal difference, but GOALS SCORED?

Ouch. U play on xbox or it was the first thing you could grab?

First thing I could find. I guess it didn't help my temperament that I was playing MW2 at the same time, one of the most Rage-inducing games of all time.

I tried played both together but i almost lost my mind with all the rage created with my team failing and the OMA DC

on this fm, has to be first season with athletico madrid for me. going into the last day i had 90 points, barca 90 points, real madrid 89 points. i was 2nd though given the worse head to head meetings with barca. real ended up winning, i ended up winning, but barca drew at home to relegation scrapping malaga! table ended like this:

club / played / won / lost / drew / gf / ga / gd / pts

a madrid / 38 / 29 / 6 / 3 / 88 / 32 / +56 / 93

real madrid / 38 / 29 / 5 / 4 / 105 / 28 / +77 / 92

barcelona / 38 / 28 / 7 / 3 / 77 / 16 / +61 / 91

praying to god works!

This brings back memories of 1989, Michael Thomas. :mad:

My closest ever title race was in my hotseat game with two mates a couple of years ago. We were playing on my World League, and going into the final game of the season there were 5 teams who could still win the title, including the 3 of us. But none of us won, Real Madrid nicked it.

Archived