Mr Hough's Wants a job with SI tactic.

Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?

• 3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver
    • Cena Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 28

Yes i do, But hey don't we all....

Taking on from my Most successful tactic which was made for FM10.3, I have decided to try and recreate that tactic within FM11.

After releasing my 4-1-2-1-2 to very mixed response i went back to basics to think about what i actually wanted from my sides instead of just putting the sliders in a position and basically hoping for the best. I thought about how i made my tactics in FM10 and i made them just by thinking about how i wanted every player to play on the pitch and try and recreate that in FM somehow. Luckily for me it worked brilliantly.

So that is the Idea, Completely thinking about every player and what he brings to the team, That's what i thought about the most what i want my team to play like, I know it is a massive plus if you can get your team to play very attacking football but it's hard to do this without keeping the defensive base, So what i have tried to do is complete balance this, It's been hard but i think i have achieved this.

Putting the idea into effect however was not as hard as i thought.

TottenhamFinalTactic.jpg

I'll upload more screens as i continue my Tottenham career

All the Information you need is here.

Player Filers.

The player Filters are a great tool basically what they do is search for all the attributes for the players that i would recommend for these 2 tactics.

How to set them up is very simple here is a guide in case some of you don't know.

1. Download the Filters and Place them in your desktop.

2. The file is a Rar file so you need the program called Win Rar to open it, Don't worry it's a free program and very simple to use if you don't have it already.

3. So you have winrar open the file and 0move the filters to...Mydocuments/SportsInteractive/Footballmanager2011/Filters - If there isn't a Folder called Filters just create one again very easy to do.

4. Now you have your Filters in Place go into Football manager - Go to Player Search and click on Filter - Then Manage Filters - Then Click on Import, All the Filters should be there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/450947

You get a better goal Ratio if you invert your strikers - That means Left Footed Strikers on the Right side and Right Footed Strikers on the Left Side. You don't have to do this but it does help a little bit. Even better if your strikers Curls and Places the ball as Prefer ed Moves.

Match Preparation is up to you, Or you can leave it to your Assistant Manager.

Team Talks Either do them yourself or if you want your Assistant Manager to do them make sure he has good Stats in Motivation Man Management and Determination.

Pitch Size is Minimum.

No opposition Instructions at all

Ideally this is how you should set up Corners

Left Footed Player Takes Right Sided Corners

Right Footed Player Takes Left Sided Corners

That's it - You should score a healthy amount from free-kicks and corners from this set up

Don't forget to add me on Face book. I often give out Beta version of my latest tactics to people to try so if you want my tactics before anyone else - Get Me ADDED!

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Dave-Hough/723618006

I am undecided about which is the best tactic i have so i am gonna release Two.

The first one is i think more defensive based but still is awesome i used this mostly in my Tottenham save.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3r35jdenchm4vf

This one more attacking, Still awesome though and this is what the tactic i had but my testers thought it needed to be more defensive hence the other tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2122l6wkmxfsmdq

There you go then all the Information you need and the tactics.

********************************************************************************************************************

OK here another Tactic release from me - It's a 4-1-2-3 again and this will be the Final time i release a tactic in the formation of a 4-1-2-3 because i think this is as good as i can get it.

All the information i have posted use the same apart from Match Preparation - I find that Selecting None as Special Focus is better than having one of the options selected.

Screens and Download Link.

Blythe after 11 Games.

Blyth11Games.jpg

West Brom after 7 Games.

WestBromafter7games.jpg

Tactic Download Link.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20230669/And+The+Viper+Strikes+With+An+RKO+For+Out+Of+Nowhere%21+%28Blyth%2C+Oct+2010%29.tac

Credit Goes to Bad Religion for this little beauty of a Find.

All you need to do is move the Left and Right Strikers to the Wide Position - For those of you who are abit simple here is a screen shot.

StrikersinWidePositions.png

Thats it that is all you have to do.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Here we go with my 4-2-2-2 Winger tactic for 11.3.

The formation is 4-2-2-2 with 2 DM that operate both as DM and CM so if you had a CM player you could retrain him in the DM position and he would still be ok, Attacking CM's would be good but not as good as all round CM's.

I get alot of joy out of the Wingers latching onto through balls from all players - Fullbacks Central defenders, Quite funny really seeing one of the defenders launching a 45 yard pass into the Wingers position - The strikers get in on the act as well and get onto a few through balls.

One of the main reasons why this tactic has taken me so long to make is because of the fullbacks - In previous versions they always went forward too much and that left mass's of space down the channels for either the opposition strikers or wingers to move into, In this final version i have adapted the full backs better to cope with this and it's one of the reasons why i play with 2 DM's instead of 2 CM's to give my side that extra cover and though testing it don't make a difference in the attacking play of the tactic.

The wingers and Strikers will score the most goals naturally because when either the striker or winger is running at goal he almost always has the option to either shoot or slide the ball to either the other striker or winger to slot in the goal.

If the Left Winger is running down the left cutting inside as i have instructed them to do he will mainly pass to the right striker and visa versa.

If the Left Striker is running down the left side he will either shoot or pass the right sided striker or winger as there both high attacking and 80% of the time one of them will be open.

This is what i meant with the defenders launching through balls, It completely catches the opposition out and because my front 4 are so attacking they are in a better position than the opposition defenders to deal with this.

GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing out

CBs Jumping, Heading, Positioning, Tackling Marking Pace

FBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate

DMC Tackling Pace First Touch Team Work Work Rate Passing Positioning

AML/AMR Agility Pace Technique Flair Finishing Dribbling Composure

FC Pace Composure Strengh Heading Finishing Off the Ball

I would suggest using either Team Blend or Defence Positioning as Match Prep - Try them both out and see which is best for your team.

Pitch Size needs to be Maximum

Other than that all the other instructions are the same.

Here is the Tactic Link - I hope you enjoy using my tactics.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wq44u9215i7odw

Dave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mr Hough. Looking forward to giving this a go. just downloaded both tactics and checked corner settings and on both tactics both DC are set to attack near post. is this as it should be or should i change these to as suggested in your post. thanks again for the effort on another tactic.

Thanks, I hope this gonna help me turn my season now. 17 matches still to be played and the people are used to this new tactic because I used your other 4-1-2-3 earlier.

Edit: I guess I should play with the defensive version since I am not a top team in my league. At least that's the version I am gonna try first. I'll report back after my first 5 games! :)

Was using your previous tactic with a relegation threatened Roma in 2016. It was proving to be a bit hit and miss:

I played (home) v Juventus with it earlier this evening and lost 0-3.

Just tried it again with this tactic and won 5-3

Nuff said.

Im playing with milan in 2013 first 5 matches

Milan - Fiorentina 2-0

Udinese - Milan 0-1 Udinese is in second place

Milan - Palermo 4-0

CFR CLUJ - Milan 0-5

Modena - Milan 0-5

So it seems like this tactic is perfect.

Ty so much mr hough

Hi Mr Hough. Looking forward to giving this a go. just downloaded both tactics and checked corner settings and on both tactics both DC are set to attack near post. is this as it should be or should i change these to as suggested in your post. thanks again for the effort on another tactic.

It was my bad i didn't mean to include that part.

The corners are all set up you guys so don't worry about that.

It's litrally plug and play.

It was my bad i didn't mean to include that part.

The corners are all set up you guys so don't worry about that.

It's litrally plug and play.

3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver

DLC & DRC they are both set to "attack near post", is it right ?

Ok, so this is my first 5 games with your defensive version, 3 pedigrees.

Away, VVV - DRAW, 2-2

Home, PSV - LOST, 1-3

Home, AZ - DRAW, 1-1

Away, UTRECHT - LOST, 1-5

Home, AJAX - LOST, 0-1

They are sure not fun result representing a defensive tactic. I guess it might be the pitch size doing it? Or what you think Mr. H? I'm gonna try your attacking version for the rest of the season and see how it goes.

EDIT: Damn, I did see first now that you did a mistake with posting those corner changes. It might have been what did all my bad results.

Im gonna try it now, altho my pitch size is maximum im 1-0 up at the moment

edit: 2-0 up, what i like about this tactic is that there are triangle's everywhere on the field, just the way Johan Cruijff's total football should be (just like how barcalona plays at the moment)

3-0 up, altho the ball possession isnt really convincing, the scoring seems to work..

4-0 up...

entering second half now, still 4-0

make that 5-0 lol, it was supposed to be a cross, but it ended up in goal

6-0, 59th minute atm

7-0, i dont know what to say, the opponent didnt had any highlight yet.

8-0, 74th minute, the 10-0 is possible! :D

9-0, 78th minute :D

ended in 9-0! all players have above 8,6 rating (except the gk)

First results with the pedigree tactic (playing Feyenoord in 2013, better players, 3rd squad in the League by players):

Feyenoord - NEC Amateurs (Friendly) 10-0, playing a complete youth team except for the strikers due to international callups

Feyenoord - Roda JC (Eredivisie) 3-0, 3 goals from strikers

Feyenoord - Zürich (Champions League) 3-0, 2 goals from strikers, 1 from free-kick

SC Heerenveen - Feyenoord (Eredivisie) 0-3, 2 goals from strikers, 1 from free-kick (assist)

Attacking play looks good, my best 2 central defenders are injured, so for me these results are very impressive.

So, this is my next 5 games, this time using the offensive tactic Cena vs The Rock.

Home, VITESSE, 1-0 WIN

Away, ADO DEN HAAG, 1-2, LOST

Away, FC DEN BOSCH, 0-0, DRAW

Away, HERACLES, 0-0, DRAW

Away, FEYENOORD, 1-1, DRAW

Conclusion? The offensive tactic is a defensive tactic for me, goalkeeper and defence conceding alot less. But where is the attacks? when we keep our goal safe we got to take the chance to score at least 1 goal to take 3 points! So, I hope this tactic will be alot better next season when I will have the correct Pitch Size. Anyways, I will continue with the offensive tactic, since it's more defensive for me, for the rest of the season. Notice I have always lost a hot derby against Feyenoord, this time I made a draw, so it's obviously better than before anyways.

quick question, how do the wide strikers operate so i know which foot for each side, do they get the ball then try to beat a man and either pass/shoot, or dribble wide and cross, or do they get played in after the middle ST gets the ball, cause each of these would result in a different foot, so based on what you've viewed how would you say they play mainly or even better which foot setup do you notice better results on

thanks

giving it a go now i can only imagin its going to be good because its a tactic i loved on FM10 and i kinda had a good version of this on fm11 but uve made it and i can only think its going to smash teams :D let u know how im going after 10-15 games

Hough for SI president x

I'm just below mid-table with Forest in season 2.

I gave the attacking tactic a bash away at Stoke and walloped them 4 nil!!!

The only disappointing thing for me is that I usually play with wingers and attacking midfields - they're all pretty much redundant now.

first year

with my Leicester City

leicester.jpg

Mr Hough Complete Dominace 11.3 - 5 Wins

The Undertaker - Tombstone Piledriver - 1 Win 2 Draws 2 Loses

Cena Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 28 - 3 Wins 2 Loses

Dave what would be the effect of dropping one back to amc???

Both tactics are designed for 3 strikers, You could try moving the Middle striker into the AMC position but really i don't know what effectit would have?

Ok, so this is my first 5 games with your defensive version, 3 pedigrees.

Away, VVV - DRAW, 2-2

Home, PSV - LOST, 1-3

Home, AZ - DRAW, 1-1

Away, UTRECHT - LOST, 1-5

Home, AJAX - LOST, 0-1

They are sure not fun result representing a defensive tactic. I guess it might be the pitch size doing it? Or what you think Mr. H? I'm gonna try your attacking version for the rest of the season and see how it goes.

EDIT: Damn, I did see first now that you did a mistake with posting those corner changes. It might have been what did all my bad results.

I personnaly think that the More attacking version is best, I really only made the more defensive version becuase my testers where reporting that they where conceding from crosses and corners so i tried to change this.

The defensive tactic is desined more to be a counter attacking tactic really, If you are a top team then i would use the Attaking one, I'd only use the Defensive version if i was lower leagues or just been promoted and against the better teams in the Division.

One thing i've noticed is the 'Gap' what my ass man mentions during the game, always worries me when i see that, should this be ignored ?

Yeah just ignore it mate, I never ever listen to my Assistant manager on stuff like that.

What i tend to do is look for an assistant manager that has high attributes in, Motivation Man Management Determination and Tactical Ability - Level Of Discipline and Judging Player Potential and Ability is also an advantage.

The i set my assistant to take care of Team Talks Press Confrences and Things like that.

Anything Tactical, I do Myself!

What are the filters for?

The player Filters are a great tool basicaly what they do is search for all the attributes for the players that i woulod recommend for these 2 tactics.

How to set them up is very simple here is a guide incase some of you don't know.

1. Download the Filters and Place them in your desktop.

2. The file is a Rar file so you need the program called Win Rar to open it, Don't worry it's a free program and very simple to use if you don't have it already.

3. So you have winrar open the file and move the filters to...Mydocuments/SportsInteractive/Footballmanager2011/Filters - If there isn't a Folder called Filters just create one again very easy to do.

4. Now you have your Filters in Place go into Football manager - Go to Player Search and click on Filter - Then Manage Filters - Then Click on Import, All the Filters should be there.

Hope this helps.

Archived