Too many strippers and callgirls distracting managers/chairmen in this game

I look at a good player available for a good price. 8-10 AI clubs are interested in him. I bid for the player at a reasonable price. I agree a reasonable contract with his agent. I sign the player. Whilst I'm doing this, none of the AI clubs interested in the same player will make a bid for him.

I have come to the conclusion that those managers/chairmen at the AI clubs interested in the same player are just too busy getting spending time at strip clubs and having too much fun with "hired help" to bid for the player. By the time they've come back from partying and recovered from the hangover, I've signed the player.

I would therefore like to know if there will be an option to close down the strips joints and block the phone numbers for the callgirls for FM12, as I think this would be a handy feature for those of us who like to play a competitive campaign within FM.

Thanks.

I look at a good player available for a good price. 8-10 AI clubs are interested in him. I bid for the player at a reasonable price. I agree a reasonable contract with his agent. I sign the player. Whilst I'm doing this, none of the AI clubs interested in the same player will make a bid for him.

I have come to the conclusion that those managers/chairmen at the AI clubs interested in the same player are just too busy getting spending time at strip clubs and having too much fun with "hired help" to bid for the player. By the time they've come back from partying and recovered from the hangover, I've signed the player.

I would therefore like to know if there will be an option to close down the strips joints and block the phone numbers for the callgirls for FM12, as I think this would be a handy feature for those of us who like to play a competitive campaign within FM.

Thanks.

Forget that. This is what I want! http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/150330-Suggestion-Can-we-please-have-a-quot-permanent-quot-individual-player-instruction-screen

While your post is rather tongue-in-cheek, you definitely bring up a good point. I must admit I don't remember too many times when aI've had to battle for a target's signature against 4 or 5 other clubs, and yet the agents always talk about those other clubs in order to get more money out of me...

I have plenty of players shortlisted. Besides that the game obviously thinks that my team is interested in a bunch of other players that I've never even heard of. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to bid as soon as any of other teams makes a bid to any of these players.

I find it realistic that managers in game and in real life follow closely a large number of players with possibility to sign him if:

a) necessary (e.g. club sells player and needs new player to cover up, no cover needed unless own player is sold)

b) price is right (player is transfer listed or unsettled and price is lower than usual)

c) club has enough finances (managers still operate within budgets limits, unless your Man City)

Sometimes AI clubs follow your lead and bid, sometimes not. Sometimes AI makes a first move and then you.

Perhaps, in the future, you can try and not attempt to hijack a thread with something completely unrelated?

You didn't understand. That is also his thread with a great idea. Stop doing moderatoras job.

You didn't understand. That is also his thread with a great idea. Stop doing moderatoras job.

I'm not doing anyone's job. I know the other thread is also his, I assume he created two threads so that each idea could be discussed in their own thread.

Good original post, but you have to remember just because a club has a player on their shortlist doesnt mean they will have the funds in place or the room in the squad to buy him at the same time your bidding, at any time I probably have 100 players shortlisted doesnt mean I buy them everytime a club bids for them.

But I have found I get competition for alot of the players I buy

Well certainly, I'm aware that interest does not automatically mean a bid. But say a good Premiership international standard player is available on a Bosman. If all of the AI clubs interested in him don't even offer a contract, then something is wrong imo.

Added to this, I would say that in earlier versions of FM/CM, there was far, far more competition for the signature of a good player, especially if he was available at a knockdown price. It used to be the case that as soon as you bidded for a player, most of the AI clubs interested in him would also make a bid, and that included those clubs who couldn't afford the transfer fee or the wages of that player (often the AI's bid would get rejected).

IMO that's better than what we currently have. Maybe somewhere in between the two "extermes" would be perfect because for the transfers at the higher end of the market (the £30m+ ones) there tends to be no real competition for signatures (e.g. only Real bidded for Ronaldo, only Chelsea for Torres, etc etc), but for good players available for prices that aren't going to break the bank, there definitely should be more AI competition for the player's signature. With the current system it's just way too easy to build a good side because more often than not you'll be the only option the player has when you move in for him.

Added to this, I would say that in earlier versions of FM/CM, there was far, far more competition for the signature of a good player, especially if he was available at a knockdown price. It used to be the case that as soon as you bidded for a player, most of the AI clubs interested in him would also make a bid, and that included those clubs who couldn't afford the transfer fee or the wages of that player (often the AI's bid would get rejected).

IMO that's better than what we currently have. Maybe somewhere in between the two "extermes" would be perfect because for the transfers at the higher end of the market (the £30m+ ones) there tends to be no real competition for signatures (e.g. only Real bidded for Ronaldo, only Chelsea for Torres, etc etc), but for good players available for prices that aren't going to break the bank, there definitely should be more AI competition for the player's signature. With the current system it's just way too easy to build a good side because more often than not you'll be the only option the player has when you move in for him.

I think there just way more good players out there than in the versions way back. I mean if you miss out on a 3/3 and a half star bargain it's no big deal there are loads out there. I'm guessing in the earlier versions there weren't...possibly down to number of leagues/size of database...or maybe just to many highly rated youngsters.

Yep, they just dont make bids. They just don't seem to like to sign anyone. I'm still waiting for someone to bid for 1 of my players, nevermind bid for 1 of my targets.

Why even though having major interest in my players for all their careers they never make a single bid? 7 seasons in, total money earned in transfers £0. My star striker, 5 seasons at the club, 200 games, 100 goals, enquireys 0.

In older versions there would be huge battles to sign players. I used to use a little tactic by removing them from my shortlist to sort of keep the signing underraps, which seemed to work sometimes and I still do that now.

Yep, they just dont make bids. They just don't seem to like to sign anyone. I'm still waiting for someone to bid for 1 of my players, nevermind bid for 1 of my targets.

Why even though having major interest in my players for all their careers they never make a single bid? 7 seasons in, total money earned in transfers £0. My star striker, 5 seasons at the club, 200 games, 100 goals, enquireys 0.

In older versions there would be huge battles to sign players. I used to use a little tactic by removing them from my shortlist to sort of keep the signing underraps, which seemed to work sometimes and I still do that now.

Is this in lower leagues? In premier league in 5 seasons I've sold 130mil worth of players. Had 7 players bid for my striker with highest bid being 48mil but he chose the 35mil club who then didn't actually have the cash so it all broke down...really annoying.

Is this in lower leagues? In premier league in 5 seasons I've sold 130mil worth of players. Had 7 players bid for my striker with highest bid being 48mil but he chose the 35mil club who then didn't actually have the cash so it all broke down...really annoying.

Yeah, well from the blue square to the championship. I havent been in the prem yet so I'm hoping all the action happens there.

I have plenty of players shortlisted. Besides that the game obviously thinks that my team is interested in a bunch of other players that I've never even heard of. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to bid as soon as any of other teams makes a bid to any of these players.

I find it realistic that managers in game and in real life follow closely a large number of players with possibility to sign him if:

a) necessary (e.g. club sells player and needs new player to cover up, no cover needed unless own player is sold)

b) price is right (player is transfer listed or unsettled and price is lower than usual)

c) club has enough finances (managers still operate within budgets limits, unless your Man City)

Sometimes AI clubs follow your lead and bid, sometimes not. Sometimes AI makes a first move and then you.

Funny you say that, after reflecting over this, I came up with nothing, not one incident, where the AI bids. That would count around 30 seasons.

Thats gutting, I personally only pick the highest bids, especially if the player is bugging me to leave lol

I dont have a problem getting rid of talent either, Ive raking in 373m and Im half way through the 2017/2018 season, I wish I could stop my players been tapped up by the AI clubs

Also the targets I have but cant sign for what ever reason do normally end up been snapped up before I get a chance

Archived