Can my B team be promoted to Liga Adelante?

Ok, so I'm in a long term game and I never really intended to manage in La Liga so I didn't load the leagues of Spain below Liga Adelante (second division). Anyways, I took the post at Real Sociedad, when they were in Adelante, and led them to the Primera division. Because I took control of Sociedad when they were in Liga Adelante, my reserve or B side was in the lower division that I hadn't loaded (Second division B2). So my question is does anything I do to my B squad increase their chances of promotion to Liga Adelante?

I have good 18-21 year olds who aren't ready for the 1st team but at the same time need match experience to grow. I want to keep them in my B squad if that increases the chances of promotion to Liga Adelante but this is a worthless move if promotion is just determined randomly (and has nothing to do with the quality of players in non-playable divisions).

Anyone know what the deal is or have any advice? thanks in advance

If your B side is good enough, they can get promoted yes, but since you haven't loaded the Segunda B divisions, you'll have no idea how well they're doing :D

I've had my Barca B side relegated from the Segunda B and vanish off the viewable leagues pyramid, but came back again the next year after i'd promoted some of my Under 19's to make them better :thup:

Yes a B-team can be promoted to the Liga Adelante. I tried that in one of my earlier FM 2011 saves with Barcelona and it worked.

They can never be in the same league as first team though...So when your B-team becomes champion of the Liga Adelante they won't promote - granted that your main team doesn't relegate -> I'm not sure what would happen then...

They can get promoted to any league your first team is not in, so theoretically they could go above you if you got relegated the same season they won the league below you.

In FM... something or other I got Castilla to win Segunda, but they were not allowed to get promoted to Primera, I was sad.

OK, right guys I understand they can get promoted but my main question is will anything i do to that team increase their chances of promotion or is it just random?

So say for some reason in hopes of getting them promoted I sent all of my best first team players to my B squad. Would that increase their chances of promotion? or is promotion from non-viewable leagues just totally random and independent of the CA of squad players? I suppose i could do an alternate save and test it out, but if anyone could save me the trouble I'd be grateful.

edit: i guess my thread title is confusing people. apologies

OK, right guys I understand they can get promoted but my main question is will anything i do to that team increase their chances of promotion or is it just random?

So say for some reason in hopes of getting them promoted I sent all of my best first team players to my B squad. Would that increase their chances of promotion? or is promotion from non-viewable leagues just totally random and independent of the CA of squad players? I suppose i could do an alternate save and test it out, but if anyone could save me the trouble I'd be grateful.

I think it's randomly done based on rep not players. So you could edit the rep or just edit them in i guess.

If they'd bother to read your opening post then they'd have understood :D

The best way to do what you're asking is to just give them as many quality players as possible and hope that the game sees fit to get them promoted :thup:

If they'd bother to read your opening post then they'd have understood :D

The best way to do what you're asking is to just give them as many quality players as possible and hope that the game sees fit to get them promoted :thup:

no it won't. The game decides based on the reputation of the team. If they not playing many real games the reputation is unlikely to change much. Sticking loads of good players in there will make little diff.

THey'll play in the federation cup...but not sure what boost that'll give if they win. Winning friendlies against big opposition also probably doesn't make a big change.

In 2015/16 in my game one team to get promoted into that division are A D Cueta- they have a reputation of 4367

Grenada are another- rep 4700

Sabadal are another- reputation 4100

Real Sociadad B in contrast have a reputation of 3262.

I would guess there are a lot of team with reps between these so it'll be a real long shot them gettin promoted.

no it won't. The game decides based on the reputation of the team. If they not playing many real games the reputation is unlikely to change much. Sticking loads of good players in there will make little diff.

THey'll play in the federation cup...but not sure what boost that'll give if they win. Winning friendlies against big opposition also probably doesn't make a big change.

In 2015/16 in my game one team to get promoted into that division are A D Cueta- they have a reputation of 4367

Grenada are another- rep 4700

Sabadal are another- reputation 4100

Real Sociadad B in contrast have a reputation of 3262.

I would guess there are a lot of team with reps between these so it'll be a real long shot them gettin promoted.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, that the highest reputation team gets promoted? or that reputation plays a part? Because you've quoted teams with a big contrast in reputations there.

Of course reputation plays a part, but building a Barca B squad with good players for the lower leagues is very unlikely to do nothing at all.

Yes i'm saying rep is all that matters. The higher the rep the more percentage chance that non playable team will be promoted to become playable. Players makes no difference.

Barcelona B's rep is way higher than Sociadad b so a totally different story.

Your making the Barcelona b team good would have helped in the federation cup which would have changed the rep a bit...but players independent of this would do nothing.

They can get promoted to any league your first team is not in, so theoretically they could go above you if you got relegated the same season they won the league below you.

Nope, in this situation both teams are relegated, I believe it happened once IRL.

Reviving this thread with a question that I don't believe has been answered.

Currently playing as Alcorcon, and we are in Liga BBVA..I've got good players on my 'B' team and it looks as if they are playing in hidden league Pref. Madrid G2, which I believe is the 5th division in Spain. The next step would be Third Division and then Segunda B.

I'm wondering how and when my team will be promoted to Segunda B...how can I increase their reputation if it is low to increase the odds of them being promoted...any help would be appreciated.

If you go into your B team and click on goals so the players are sorted by how many goals they score (and how well they "play"), and add them together, then check how many goals all of the team's keepers have conceded, if there is a big disparage in your favour there, this should indicate a sort of promotion chance. The more high-rep players you have on the B-team, the higher the reputation the club will have. It is _only_ their reputation/ability that matters, though, not their Player Attributes. I couldn't sell a couple of redundant players, so I just put them in the Las Palmas At. team instead of clogging up the First Team squad (they are still Decent BBVA players). This caused the wage expenditure to go down, and the B-team suddenly "dominates their matches". Time will tell if they actually promote or not but they are 3 to 1 in goal difference so it looks promising.

If they are more than one level below the Segunda B then they will never be able to promote. Only the teams in the Third Division can ever promote.

Is this 100% the case or are you assuming this? I'd be surprised if SI coded it so that only third division teams would be promoted, but 4th divisions couldn't get promoted to third.

Has anyone out there had their B team move up when they were in the Pref. Division (ie. 4th Division).

Is this 100% the case or are you assuming this? I'd be surprised if SI coded it so that only third division teams would be promoted, but 4th divisions couldn't get promoted to third.

It is the case. Only teams one league below the last playable league are ever promoted.

If you go into your B team and click on goals so the players are sorted by how many goals they score (and how well they "play"), and add them together, then check how many goals all of the team's keepers have conceded, if there is a big disparage in your favour there, this should indicate a sort of promotion chance.

As has been said before how well the team has been performing according the amount of goals their players have been scoring has no effect on over whom goes up or down. At the end of the season a team is picked randomly although based on their reputation the chance of them being picked is increased.

For example if I was to put the players all of Barcalona's players into a team like Billericay who are just below the lowest playable team in England it wouldn't make any difference as to their chances of getting promoted. Tis all based on the team's reputation not their players reputation.

If you go to the day before the leagues are readjusted for the new season save and repeatedly reload them you'll get differing teams coming up although some are more likely to repeat due to their higher reputation.

As has been said before how well the team has been performing according the amount of goals their players have been scoring has no effect on over whom goes up or down. At the end of the season a team is picked randomly although based on their reputation the chance of them being picked is increased.

For example if I was to put the players all of Barcalona's players into a team like Billericay who are just below the lowest playable team in England it wouldn't make any difference as to their chances of getting promoted. Tis all based on the team's reputation not their players reputation.

If you go to the day before the leagues are readjusted for the new season save and repeatedly reload them you'll get differing teams coming up although some are more likely to repeat due to their higher reputation.

Is the 1st team's reputation affecting the At. team's reputation at all?

• 4 months later...

If I create Reserve team for Barca and have Barca At. Reserves will play in Liga Adelante and Barca At. in B3 group. There is possibility of relegation or promotion. So my question is can both, Barca At. and Barca Reserves play in the same league?

Archived