Idea for testing

Hi,

I read somewhere that Mr Hough wouldnt mind being one of the testers of the game.

Perhaps a good idea would be to hire or use as volunteers the users who know this game inside out, aka Mr Hough, wwfan, and a few others to spend perhaps 2-4 weeks or so testing the game (FM12 Im guessing for now) for hours and hours, time a factor however.

This would give SI great insight imo.

That way, major gamebreaking bugs (defesnive bugs) can be avoided and we can have a smooth and near perfected ME.

I think this would be a great idea, even if it seems somewhat eccentric.

Im not sure of the structure and the way SI goes about testing this game, but thought Id share my idea.

:)

for it to be worthwhile there would need to be thousands of extra testers tho, im sure the people who work at SI know the game better than wwfan ect (no offense ment btw!!) adding a couple of extra people isnt going to make a huge difference. Unfortunately the fans of FM have destroyed any chance of a community beta test which i think could help if done properly. I think your being a bit harsh on PaulC he takes a huge amount of pride in the ME and how it works, to think its not a huge priority of SI's would be very wrong of you.

for it to be worthwhile there would need to be thousands of extra testers tho, im sure the people who work at SI know the game better than wwfan ect (no offense ment btw!!) adding a couple of extra people isnt going to make a huge difference. Unfortunately the fans of FM have destroyed any chance of a community beta test which i think could help if done properly. I think your being a bit harsh on PaulC he takes a huge amount of pride in the ME and how it works, to think its not a huge priority of SI's would be very wrong of you.

I havent said anything about the way SI goes about its testing mate

I love the game and have been playing it for a decade. Just a little disappointed with this years ME a little, and just offering a suggestion. After all, isnt this why theres a forum?

Just believe it would give SI a different feel if they receive direct input from lets say for arguments sake, 20-25 hardcore FM gamers.

I havent said anything about the way SI goes about its testing mate

I love the game and have been playing it for a decade. Just a little disappointed with this years ME a little, and just offering a suggestion. After all, isnt this why theres a forum?

Just believe it would give SI a different feel if they receive direct input from lets say for arguments sake, 20-25 hardcore FM gamers.

Sorry i didnt mean that to come across in the way it does!! Makes it sound like im having a go at your suggestion!!

You could be right and personally i would love to get involved, but it was tried before and it was a disaster unfortunately. I highly doubt they would risk it again.

I still think that even an extra 30 people would only catch them a few more bugs, but i guess each one caught is one less in the game!!

Sorry i didnt mean that to come across in the way it does!! Makes it sound like im having a go at your suggestion!!

You could be right and personally i would love to get involved, but it was tried before and it was a disaster unfortunately. I highly doubt they would risk it again.

I still think that even an extra 30 people would only catch them a few more bugs, but i guess each one caught is one less in the game!!

All good no problem

Wasnt aware that they tried it before lol.

But I really hope they can try it again then, but this time maybe structure it a different way to avoid problems

I really think this can help the game develop further (not saying it wont without testers lol) but with the input of experienced gamers, I guess two minds are better then one I suppose. Hope SI see this forum and consider it :)

What makes you think the "hardcore gamers" can test the game better than the current testers?

You seem to be suggesting that the current testers aren't FM fans whereas many of them were forum members who applied when SI were recruiting.

In terms of wwfan over the years he has had a fair bit of input in the ME whilst it also tested as part of FMLive.

What makes you think the "hardcore gamers" can test the game better than the current testers?

You seem to be suggesting that the current testers aren't FM fans whereas many of them were forum members who applied when SI were recruiting.

In terms of wwfan over the years he has had a fair bit of input in the ME whilst it also tested as part of FMLive.

Wasnt aware of that. Like I said, I dont know who currently tests so Im not having a go at SI. Im simply offering my opinion. I apologise If it came across like im bashing SI. Were all trying to improve the game arent we.

All good no problem

Wasnt aware that they tried it before lol.

But I really hope they can try it again then, but this time maybe structure it a different way to avoid problems

I really think this can help the game develop further (not saying it wont without testers lol) but with the input of experienced gamers, I guess two minds are better then one I suppose. Hope SI see this forum and consider it :)

Yeah they did a community beta test a few years back, but basically very few people gave them any feedback at all, and copies of the beta ended up on torrent sites because people thought that was a better idea than actually doing what they said they would, really sad actually because you would hope a community like FM has would have been more responsive, thats why i am quite defensive about the testing, people moan the game isnt tested enough, but when the community was given the chance to help they werent interested for the best part. I bet there are actually still folk on here who complain the game is not tested enough and were involved in the beta years ago and chose not to help.

Like i say i would love to be involved, anything that could help make the game better is something id like to help with.

Wasnt aware of that. Like I said, I dont know who currently tests so Im not having a go at SI. Im simply offering my opinion. I apologise If it came across like im bashing SI. Were all trying to improve the game arent we.

From my understanding of the testing more bugs are found than can be fixed within the timescale.

You also need to be aware that what you think is a bug might not be, it might be an error that you are making or an instruction you have given or simply a difference of opinion.

From my understanding of the testing more bugs are found than can be fixed within the timescale.

You also need to be aware that what you think is a bug might not be, it might be an error that you are making or an instruction you have given or simply a difference of opinion.

Thats a fair point. However the defensive bugs are clear to see. Defenders run away in some instances. But apart from that, its a very playable game. It can only get better, and I have faith in SI to give us a brilliant game, and possibly the best weve seen in FM12

Thats a fair point. However the defensive bugs are clear to see. Defenders run away in some instances. But apart from that, its a very playable game. It can only get better, and I have faith in SI to give us a brilliant game, and possibly the best weve seen in FM12

I've seen your posts in the bugs forum and this could be due to tactical instructions to things like mentality & marking amongst other things.

I've seen your posts in the bugs forum and this could be due to tactical instructions to things like mentality & marking amongst other things.

Got nothing to do with tactics...Its simply bugs. If you have a look for yourself, youll see its extremely poor. Doesnt happen all the time, but happens enough. Just having my say, to get the game as best as we can get it ye

Got nothing to do with tactics...Its simply bugs. If you have a look for yourself, youll see its extremely poor. Doesnt happen all the time, but happens enough. Just having my say, to get the game as best as we can get it ye

Why do you say it has nothing to do with tactics?

Have you tried different tactical settings?

Archived