Best way to approach a "Bad Win???"

In my new porto save, the team are playing well and bang in a few against the good teams, but against lower positioned teams, they also play well, most players above 7.0 but only scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 at best. any tips on how to handle the pre/post match conferences and team talks in these situations?

cheers

Depends on the expectations. If your team is in the driving seat to win a match, demand a win as that is expected. Against good teams (or teams much classier than I am), I usually tell the lads that the pressure is off in team talks. Also, you can always warn the team against complacency during pre-match conferences and if a win is expected, do not give the team a lot of credit in the post-match conference.

No such thing as a bad win ;)

When my AC team don't play well and win, I'm honest, say I'm happy with the win but we could have played better in the press conference, and say either well done to the players who influenced the win and dissapointed to the team, or just leave it as a simple well done, depending on how bad the win actually was.

It's all based on expectations and rating, mostly ratings though... if you weren't expected to win then obviously it was a good thing, if you were major favorites... well this is where the system starts to fail imo.

Because if you're team doesn't perform as well as expected but they still have ratings above 6.8 there isn't much you can do, because if you give the team a hard time without them having bad ratings they get upset.

Lack of depth.

Archived