complacency against lower teams is set far too highly

im an experienced FM player playing in a network game in spain but one thing is absolutely ruining it. complacency. against lower division teams. my team plays absolutely rubbish! im not talking complacent, im talking SHIYTE! its getting beyond a joke to be honest.

I don't have a problem generally.

I never buy an outfield player who has less than 10 on workrate, determination and teamwork. No matter how good they are.

I always say at half time (even in friendlies) if leading "don't let your performance drop" if morale is high, if low I encourage. I expect a win on my pre-match team talk against lower sides if morale is high-ish.

As soon as the Ass Man tells me a player is 'looking complacent' he is sub'd, whether the 10th min or 60th.

I tell them in private interaction after every game if their match rating was below 6.4 that they need to improve.

I gear the whole press conference, post and pre-match, to never, ever sounding too cocky.

I never slag one of my own players off to the press.

You'd not want to play for me. I'm a b'stard.

While I totally agree that complacency is grossly overpowered, I just want SI to make it so complacency doesn't increase the number of shots that hit the woodwork and turn the opposition GK into Footie Jesus. At least try to disguise the fact that "complacency" is there to nerf player teams to make up for crappy AI. Is it really so hard just to decrease chance creation?

Isn't this really just the flip side of the coin overpowered team talks? I assume the opposition just chooses "no pressure" (it's what my ass man always suggests in these cases), which for me has generally made my team of no-hopers perform admirably well against far superior opposition. I'd like to see not only complacency toned down, but the whole overpowered team talk/morale aspect.

However, I get the feeling things may have been tweaked with 11.3 in this regard - is anyone else getting the feeling that the effects of team talks etc. have been toned down with the patch? I haven't really played enough matches yet, but I haven't experienced the feeling of things being completely out of my hands just 'cos I chose the wrong team talk option or that we'll definitely score because suddenly everyone is playing like Pele 1 minute after half time.

Archived