Existing features that need fixing for FM12 [Non-ME]

We need a list of things that SI should fix in time for FM12. Don't include match engine issues so we can keep this thread organised.

I'll start.

It's been touched upon multiple times on here; fans reaction to games. It shouldn't be based on the reputation of the two teams from now on, the circumstances of the actual game need to be taken into account. This has been a problem for a few years now.

I'm fairly sure it isn't random, it's only there for friendlies.

Indeed it is only for friendlies.

On topic- fix the assistant manager comments,I would do myself a favour by asking the wife to be my assistant manger as she seems to know more about the game than any dud that is programmed into this game....

Example-getting beat 4-0 by Arsenal after only 33 minutes but my "great"Assistant manger says "despite the score we are in total control of the game"...yeah ok thanks for that,

Or how about when he tells me that"our tacking has been shocking and we are giving away to many fouls" after about 20 mins....quick check on the foul count and we have gave away 1 foul to the other teams 6.

Pretty sure the guy is off watching some other game with some of his comments.

This needs to be done from scratch or removed.

I'm fairly sure it isn't random, it's only there for friendlies.

How many U19 internationals are not friendlies; Olympics, U20 World Cup, finals aside (during the summer months)??

I've recently lost 2x U19 first team players for a UEFA Cup final because they were playing, or rather travelling (even worse) to a pointless U19 int'l. All versions of FM have had this problem.

I'd love to see Ferguson or Wenger's face if they lost Rafeal or Willshire to a pointless U19/U21 match with no option to withdraw them to play in a major European tie, in my case the final, for Utd/Arsenal. Beetroot face would burst.

How many U19 internationals are not friendlies; Olympics, U20 World Cup, finals aside (during the summer months)??

I've recently lost 2x U19 first team players for a UEFA Cup final because they were playing, or rather travelling (even worse) to a pointless U19 int'l. All versions of FM have had this problem.

I'd love to see Ferguson or Wenger's face if they lost Rafeal or Willshire to a pointless U19/U21 match with no option to withdraw them to play in a major European tie, in my case the final, for Utd/Arsenal. Beetroot face would burst.

I remember Wenger doing his nut because 3 or 4 of his players were of on under 21's duty for friendlies,they also include players younger than 19 remember,I do believe Willshire and Ramsay were in the squad when they were only 18 or 19

I can get that it's frustrating that they go off to play, but they should never clash with a first team game. That doesn't happen irl, surely?? Ever. And never a European final.

Edit - I can accept it for the Olympics, U19, U21 continental final tournaments, but that's never at the meaty end of the season.

I remember Wenger doing his nut because 3 or 4 of his players were of on under 21's duty for friendlies,they also include players younger than 19 remember,I do believe Willshire and Ramsay were in the squad when they were only 18 or 19

I remember a few iterations back, I was in the CL final and Carlos Vela, my hot striker at the time, was travelling to meet up with Mexico. I was livid. Ended up winning the match, but one of my key contributors didn't get credited with winning the Champions League because he didn't play in the final.

I really hate the team analysis screen, especially the bit that says how the squad could improve, firstly i really don't like the fact that it only tells you which one position at a time needs strengthening it should tell you all the positions that need strengthening with recommendations of who to buy to achieve your goal. Why not just list them all with the one a the top being the most important??? and i also really dislike the fact that when the assistant tells me to buy a left back and i buy the better of the two and go to look at who they recommend that it is still left back with two different recommendations that are not as good as the player i've just bought!! i no it's not a vital part of the game but it always makes my blood boil!

I think interactions with all forms of AI need to be improved.

There are so many examples when the AI does or says completely unrealistic things. And I know we have all experienced them.

I think that post game reactions should be affected by the strength of the squad that I put out. I remember losing to bristol city, who were in 20th place, after I had already won the title and this was because I put out a side which consisted of 16-19 yr olds. I doubt that if this happened in real life that it would be called the upset of the century.

My list.

transfer negotiations where the computer continually goes up instead of haggling down to meet you, adds extra clauses in further negotiations that weren't there before, etc...

Fewer press conferences, (does anyone enjoy 100 - odd press conferences a year?) I realise high-profile mangers are under constant media scrutiny, so it is realistic, but in real life, they have more than 5 set replies...

player interaction, needs to be at the very least, more consistent, at best, more definitive, eg. if you say i'm moving you to the reserves till you're match fit, and they agree, don't have them screw at you five seconds later for being in the reserves.

I think interactions with all forms of AI need to be improved.

There are so many examples when the AI does or says completely unrealistic things. And I know we have all experienced them.

I think that post game reactions should be affected by the strength of the squad that I put out. I remember losing to bristol city, who were in 20th place, after I had already won the title and this was because I put out a side which consisted of 16-19 yr olds. I doubt that if this happened in real life that it would be called the upset of the century.

But you might get fined or threatened by the FA a la Ian Holloway and M McCarthy. :)

Fair points though. It does need to get 'smarter'. Not sure how easy that is.

Archived