Youth coaches

As far as I'm aware staff in FM only work upwards through the hierarchy which is a real pain.

Manager

Asst Man

1st team Coach

GK Coach / Fitness Coach

Coach

Youth Coach

Scout / Physio

retiring Player

A coach in FM sees becoming a Youth Coach as a demotion or a step down.

As far as I'm aware staff in FM only work upwards through the hierarchy which is a real pain.

Manager

Asst Man

1st team Coach

GK Coach / Fitness Coach

Coach

Youth Coach

Scout / Physio

retiring Player

A coach in FM sees becoming a Youth Coach as a demotion or a step down.

I think you could be right about that. I have seen plenty of out of work managers in the game and none of them take an assistant managers role when offered when I think that there are some irl who would be quite happy to be an assistant. Take Walter Smith as an example. He was manager at Everton then briefly assistant to Sir Alex at Man U before becoming manager of Scotland. However if you were to try the same in FM then he (or any other manager) just wouldn't be interested.

Obviously the really top managers Like Mourinho or Guardiola probably would refuse such a role but there are bound to be a few that would accept a lesser role if it meant they got back into the game. I think this is something that definitely needs tweaked a bit in the game.

You could be right. I could do it on previous versions though which is why i thought it would be easy enough on this version. Scouts and physios usually have terrible coaching stats normally when starting off.

Well it depends to be honest... I think there are some issues staff AI what contracts they accept.

There is an unemployed scout at the start of any save that I always look for, he's got great training and scouting attributes... but he'll not accept any contract except for a scouting position. I've tried, 1st team, general coach, even asst man. He agree's to contract terms but then always turns them down after. He doesn't get another job or anything, stays unemployed but will only take a scouting job.

Archived