New GK advice?

Hi all,

Currently managing Aston Villa and the January window is approaching. Now, Brad Friedel is superb, but is getting on a bit now and Brad Guzan just doesn't have the quality to be number 1 for the long term. I have a few players in mind, what do you think?

Jason Steele - youngest of the lot, touted as the next David Seaman. Boro want £5m though... is he worth it?

Keiran Westwood - from local rivals Coventry, can buy for £1.5m, but does he have the quality to cut it in the EPL week in week out?

Scott Loach - signed him for Southampton previously and he was superb at that level but again, can he cut it in the EPL?

Also, another two points;

I have Connor Wickham partnered with Darren Bent, what would you say is his best forward type? I have him as attacking complete foward. Don't fancy him as a target man too much due to high technical attributes.

And finally, when in LLM, buy Sean Marks from Braintree. I was Dover and Marks and Adam Birchall destroyed the league. They were 1st and 3rd top scorers in the league with Marks on 33 league goals and Birchall 25.

Thanks

Luke

Archived