newgens

I'm wondering on what base you get new youth players. Every season i look forward to getting decent newgens, and frankly, it's disappointing every single year.

I'm in 2022 and not 1 year have I had a single player that's even good enough for the first team bench. I realise a new Messi isn't going to come around every year or even decade, but not even a decent first team player in 11 years? That just seems a bit harsh. My youth facilities are all 'outstanding' so I'm wondering if there are any other relevant factors, except luck?

I think its all down to luck.

I use the same setup every save and some games they'll be loads of all nationality's and others it will just be the usual Argentinians and Brazilians.

So what i have started to do is keep setting up new games and going on player search straight away and looking at 16 year olds at most. If i see theres quite e few potentially good regens i'll start my save.

Last 2 saves i've done this the regen quality has been top class once 10 to 15 years into game.

The country/league you in also plays a factor, depending on how high they are in rankings etc...

but i guess its just luck really if youve maxed everything out!

plus, one bit of advice i have is not to rely on star ratings by coaches...

if you have a great team, the star rating will be lower for the regen...so if they have decent stats regardless of their rating, work hard at developing them!

I worked Wonders 4 me when i had top youth and training facilities etc.....

i made a rich SPL season and after a few years every team had the funds for top facilities,

im in year 2019 and scotland are 6th in world rankings with alot of top quality scottish players coming through at celtic for me and others been sold on and now playing for the likes of chelsea, man utd, inter etc...

so it is quite realistic 4 me,

it took me 11 seasons as aberdeen to get one player i thought was good enough, although one i released 4 years ago went to Berwick ripped up the division and improved massively, rangers signed him, he now gets a game for scotland and i want him back. One tip, always pay attention to the best pick of your youth, even if they dont look great to start with they are usually the one that can be improved to at least a sellable quality.

As others have said as well, if you have a great team the star rating will show them as being rubbish look at the stats and if they have a few good important ones work hard with them, its amazing how quickly some regens can improve with the right conditions.

i never really pay much attention to the star ratings, i check every newgen's stats myself.. it's just i always get things like strikers with a 3 stat for finishing etc.. just really rubbish players, even tho the training facilities have always been top notch

i also always train the best pick of the youth as much as i can, as well as trying to loan them out for experience etc.. but they become decent at best, never really first team material..

as someone suggested league ranks have an impact too: in my save the belgian league is ranked top 10 for some consecutive years and my team is ranked #2 in the world, in addition Belgium as a country is ranked #1 so i'm a bit lost atm :)

Also even the ones that really don't look that great(but have the decent basic stats for the position needed) can turn out to be decent players even if not for your actual team, so if you can be bothered give them tutoring and some playing time in cups or loan them out and you can at least make some money from it.

I used to just release every player with one star or less that my assistants reported but now i take a look at every player and try to make the most out of them even if they just end up on a 3rd division side.. not everyone's cup of tea i suppose but it's fun for me.

oh and something else, if i buy like a 16 yo talent and 'demote' him to my youth squad (seems logical to me tho?) they tend to become unhappy

so it's better to just keep them in the first team selection but not playing? anyone else have this problem?

oh and something else, if i buy like a 16 yo talent and 'demote' him to my youth squad (seems logical to me tho?) they tend to become unhappy

so it's better to just keep them in the first team selection but not playing? anyone else have this problem?

have you patched up? This was a problem with an earlier version of FM11 but they had sorted it with one of the patches.

youth network, youth facilities, the quality of your youth coaches and that should do it. it is also rendom depending on the leagues/nations you have running in your saved game.

eg - if you are running england and not brazil, then more quality newgens would obviously come through the ranks in england and very little in brazil

One thing I've considered doing (however it's cheating so I've never done it) is to save the game before the newgens are created, and keep re-loading until a decent youngster pops up!

that could take ages though. why not just settle for decent newgens in the DB rather than just at your youth setup, then just buy a couple of decent newgens once they have come into the db

Archived