FM 07

Originally posted by Doyle:

Hello gents,

Was just wondering if anyone else also plays FM 07, much like myself. Didn't manage to purchase 08 so decided playing 07, any other fellow 07 gamers on the boards?

yup, am mainly playing that at the moment - have a fisher athletic game running right now.

Originally posted by gavnoble:

FM 2007 urinates all over FM 2008 from a great height. By far the more enjoyable of the two games to look at and play. That's why I'm still playing FM 2007 at the moment.

What makes 07 better in your view?

there are so many more things that i prefer about fm08 tbh. i reinstalled fm07 some months ago when the transfer & confidence system in 08 bled the enjoyment out of it for a while, but i played an fm07 match just last week, and i honestly couldn't do that again. i find that fm08 is way easier to adapt to, and players are (since 8.0.2) more responsive to tactics. i've also had quicker and more dominant sucess, in the prem in particular, on fm08.

however, i must admit it was a better transition from fm06 to fm07 than it was with fm07 to fm08. i never had a reason to go back to fm06.

Originally posted by gavnoble:

FM 2007 urinates all over FM 2008 from a great height. By far the more enjoyable of the two games to look at and play. That's why I'm still playing FM 2007 at the moment.

That's right! FM08 lacks the 'fun' aspect of the game, while FM07 has tons of it...

The 4-2-4 AI tactic is making me consider going back to 07.

Migh be interesting to go back, I'm considering missing out FM09 too unless there's a really big feature included so I could be playing FM 07 right up untill late 2009! lol

have played played fm 08, just never really got into a game, though internationalk management is loads better in that version. They have some cool new features but i just think overall it was a backwards step. I still play fm07 everyday and i dont know if i will ever get bored of it lol.

I'm playing FM08, best of the games so far, but I might actually stick 07 in for a while tonight got a good save game that I was enjoying until I got 08, mighty boston utd with 35 year old Rooney!

FM07 gameplay is so much better. There are far too many goals when you manage in a league in 08. EVERY week there are 4-4, 3-3, 4-3, 5-4, just ridiculous and unrealistic scorelines in FM08 (yet it only happens in the league you are managing in; the other leagues you have loaded and aren't active in are realistic enough.) The new players coming through on FM07 are also so much better.

The new features brought into the game in FM08 would be excellent if the gameplay and the regens were better. It ruins the game though.

I went to 07 after the second patch and, even though I heard the third (final) patch was really good I just couldn't go back to 08. I was just too annoyed with everything that happened with it.

Also, those high scoring games are a big part of what is keeping me from going to 08. I want a realistic game!

What I'll probably do is wait until the reviews come out for 09 (both here and elsewhere) and then decide whether or not to buy that version. Otherwise I'll just stick with 07 for a third year.

Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

I went to 07 after the second patch and, even though I heard the third (final) patch was really good I just couldn't go back to 08. I was just too annoyed with everything that happened with it.

Also, those high scoring games are a big part of what is keeping me from going to 08. I want a realistic game!

What I'll probably do is wait until the reviews come out for 09 (both here and elsewhere) and then decide whether or not to buy that version. Otherwise I'll just stick with 07 for a third year.

I thought there was only 2 patches for 08. Have I missed a patch?

Archived