Attendance stupidly low - maybe a bug?

Hey,

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but if not then my game has gone stupid.

I play as Ipswich who have a 30311 seater stadium. My average attendance when i first got promoted to the premier league was 26959...after a good year finishing 12th in the premier league, the next years average was 25181....it went down...slightly odd......that year i finish 4th, claiming a champions league spot.....and this years average attendance 22274.

Stupid as i am constantly losing money, as i dont have enough fans getting through the gates. As i am in debt i cant sign anyone decent, and keep slipping away, as alaso cant give good wages to anyone. Still this season have been doing well flittering between 5-9th for most of the season (28 games in)

anyone HELP...is this just a bug...i hope so cos if not my game is messed up

I have a similar complaint but in a much smaller timespan: my club "expects" a record low attendance about a month into the first season despite a bunch of new higher-rep signings and a winning streak - go figure.

In real life, the club I'm managing was promoted in 2010 too!

I had to reload an early save due to a player-coach bug i encountered and this record low attendance always occurs. Daft!

I wondered if it might be club having a bigger fan base irl than the reputation it has on FM.

Maybe Ipswich has a similar situation - local fans have nowhere else to go to watch football so the club always has a steady fanbase regardless of it's position. I don't think FM accomodates this very well.

Perhaps SI have factored in the effects of the anticipated recession on football attenendances. Pity there isn't a mechanism to ask the board to lower ticket prices. I believe you can ask for a fan day to try and boost interest

Maybe Ipswich has a similar situation - local fans have nowhere else to go to watch football so the club always has a steady fanbase regardless of it's position. I don't think FM accomodates this very well.

I don't think it's accommodated because I don't think it's necessarily true in some cases. Gillingham are the only league club in the whole of Kent, and their attendances have historically gone up and down significantly depending on if they are in the Championship/League 1/League 2.

I think the way attendances are worked out in the game are probably always going to cause something to go wrong somewhere, because I'm pretty sure it's almost entirely based from reputation. Honestly, I have no idea what SI could change to make them seem more realistic, but at the same time the way they are now just isn't quite working right.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect that many people, and only a small percentage of those it does affect actually notice a gameplay difference from it, but that's no reason for it to be dismissed necessarily.

What I've seen is that the attendance in a match is more related to the oposition reputation than our own reputation or how good our team is performing.

And I get almost the same attendance in a match with a mid table rival in my league then with a top team in CL. That's unrealistic, but that's what happens in the game. Maybe you have less rival in the league then before.

Archived