Sports interactive and all you moderators must read this thread

I BEG for a 11.4.0 patch, you don't realise how terrible the one on ones are

Nottingham Forest 2-2 Millwall

27 shots - 3 shots

i counted my 14 one v ones with my very clinical composed strikers to there one 1v1

i missed 12 one v ones with my very good strikers and a couple of my wingers, they missing them is bad enough, but all 12 i missed went the exact same way wrong side of the post and by an inch, using morale here isn't an excuse as my teams morale is still superb from before the game with a few going down to very good.

I beg please sort these one v ones out, for my last 3 games now it has said *Reds made to rue chances*

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

how the hell can it be tactics, and its nothing like madrid v that team, i had p*** easy 1v1s from like 7 yards out and so on with large aim at goal as keeper was in middle how many times and my players superb morale couldnt hit a corner at goal for crap, lol

my strikers are like 16 finishing and 15 composure lol, why is everyone giving reasons what it could be, it is clearly still a bug problem

No, it is the way football goes.

Sometimes you dominate games but don't win.

Here is the list f games with the most shots & not a single goal (from one side) in premiership history:

Arsenal         29  vs West Ham   06/07
Sunderland      25  vs Blackpool  10/11
Manchester Utd  24  vs Sunderland 05/06
Manchester Utd  24  vs Reading    07/08
Chelsea         24  vs Birmingham 10/11

You got unlucky, get over it.

It is not a bug. Can guarantee that the high percentage of your one on ones will be rushed, on the wrong foot, taken at a difficult height or at the end of a long run. I've never yet seen a claim like this when this hasn't been the case.

It is not a bug. Can guarantee that the high percentage of your one on ones will be rushed, on the wrong foot, taken at a difficult height or at the end of a long run. I've never yet seen a claim like this when this hasn't been the case.

Heh... plenty of times players take shots on the wrong foot even when they don't have a defender in their back pocket...

But that being said,should just close this thread wwfan, it's obvious pointless. *shrug*

omg why is everyone defending a blatant bug, i had a few 1v1s my right footed striker was on line of 6 yard box, keeper on line in centre and still went inch wide of post everytime, i make sure i play right footed striker on right and left footed striker on left, stop defending a bug, how can they fix a game where people defend it, defending this bug is like a possible bug on black ops, omg i shot someone in the head with sniper like 12 times but he never died, its a similar comparison except finishing needs composure, and a clinical finisher, this is clearly a bug

Fine if it's a bug prove it.

Show us a screen shot of your strikers stats, specifically shots on target.

I'm willing to bet it's 50% or higher. Had a player win the golden boot on the season with a 50% SOT, watched him miss time after time. But he still dominated the league.

betty, if a tactic can possibly effect one v ones, how stupid would that make the developers of the game though :/

here is one

check his attributes, if he can miss like atleast 7 one v ones every game (no exaggeration) then why are attributes on the game, especially the technique attribute when surely finishing is apart of technique.

9k9qar.jpg

Heh... plenty of times players take shots on the wrong foot even when they don't have a defender in their back pocket...

Aye, but less so in the current ME than in previous ones. Players need to make quick decisions in the box, so more often take the ball on their wrong foot to stop defenders having time to get back into place or to hit it early enough for the goalkeeper not to be in position. That is to be expected. However, in everyone of these 'OMG!1!1-on-1' posts, it turns out that a high percentage of these chances were not anywhere near as good as the poster made out. I'm not expecting this to be any different.

Aye, but less so in the current ME than in previous ones. Players need to make quick decisions in the box, so more often take the ball on their wrong foot to stop defenders having time to get back into place or to hit it early enough for the goalkeeper not to be in position. That is to be expected. However, in everyone of these 'OMG!1!1-on-1' posts, it turns out that a high percentage of these chances were not anywhere near as good as the poster made out. I'm not expecting this to be any different.

Oh I know, totally agree there is something to this the OP is missing. Why it's a waste when there are so many countless others with all the same info in them.

omg why is everyone defending a blatant bug, i had a few 1v1s my right footed striker was on line of 6 yard box, keeper on line in centre and still went inch wide of post everytime, i make sure i play right footed striker on right and left footed striker on left, stop defending a bug, how can they fix a game where people defend it, defending this bug is like a possible bug on black ops, omg i shot someone in the head with sniper like 12 times but he never died, its a similar comparison except finishing needs composure, and a clinical finisher, this is clearly a bug

I won't comment on tactics as others have already pointed out they do an effect, every instruction you give to the team or a player has an effect.

What I will say though the graphics are an overlay of the ME and the number of available animations are limited. Just because the GK is shown in the middle of the goal doesn't mean thats exactly where he is standing. The 3d is a representation not the match itself.

So if you scored all your one vs ones and won 14 0 you'd be happy that the game is realistic. Game. Set. Match. Close thread job done

what would make me happier is to no if i have a 1v1, i have a genuine chance of scoring

i would prefer a 1v1 to be hard to get, instead of a simple, fast striker and a good playmaker making loads 1v1s which 80% of the time to me don't go in, what is the point, what i want is for fm to make 1v1s more rare, even if its so unrealistic you dont get them to an extent, i would rather 0 one v ones than 20 one v ones and score 0 either way, id pay fm to make 1v1s harder to get! lol

what would make me happier is to no if i have a 1v1, i have a genuine chance of scoring

i would prefer a 1v1 to be hard to get, instead of a simple, fast striker and a good playmaker making loads 1v1s which 80% of the time to me don't go in, what is the point, what i want is for fm to make 1v1s more rare, even if its so unrealistic you dont get them to an extent, i would rather 0 one v ones than 20 one v ones and score 0 either way, id pay fm to make 1v1s harder to get! lol

If you miss them, why does it matter?

upload a pkm so people can watch the match, and make more accurate assertions.

I have to question what you call a 1v1 - to find your striker at the edge of the 6 yard box in a 1v1 situation with the keep still on his line seems weird enough to me!!!

Not particularly fast so he's probably not free and clear all that often, ie defender in his back pocket never helps.

No flair, so he doesn't have that magic touch

And not very brave, I've seen what look like good strikers suck terribly when they have low bravery.

45% shots on target, not great but not 'bugged'. I don't see any reason why that player should be slotting away 1v1's, especially if he faces a hot keeper.

In Summary, deal with it. Nothing wrong here other then a selective memory.

People say its tactics, and they may be right, but in my experience this does happen TOO often in FM.

I know it happens in RL but i have seen a few times myself that i can dominate 3 or 4 games in a row, have about 20 shots, half on target and score 0, yet the opposition have 1 or 2 shots and score.

YES this happens in real life. YES the op made a big deal out of one match, but this DOES happen TOO often in FM in MY opinion

People say its tactics, and they may be right, but in my experience this does happen TOO often in FM.

No, there are just too many scoring chances, mostly thanks to pace. How many times irl do you see games with 20+ shots from one side? Happens all the time in-game, but the % of on target is very accurate.

27 shots - 3 shots

i counted my 14 one v ones with my very clinical composed strikers to there one 1v1

i missed 12 one v ones with my very good strikers and a couple of my wingers, they missing them is bad enough, but all 12 i missed went the exact same way wrong side of the post and by an inch, using morale here isn't an excuse as my teams morale is still superb from before the game with a few going down to very good.

I beg please sort these one v ones out, for my last 3 games now it has said *Reds made to rue chances*

it's clearly your training aptitude.

Go to the players who are awefull at 1 on 1's and get them to train it more then you SHOULD see improvements over time. YES, it is as easy as that

it's clearly your training aptitude.

Go to the players who are awefull at 1 on 1's and get them to train it more then you SHOULD see improvements over time. YES, it is as easy as that

Gotta love the garbage spewed out from both sides...

No it's not that easy if a player has a problem, because they might not be able to increase their finishing or composure. The only easy answer is to not sign the player in the first place.

Hey stevey in my experience, finishing off chances has been tied to a player's morale and complacency. Just because players are missing chances that are absolute sitters does not mean that something is wrong with the game.

No, there are just too many scoring chances, mostly thanks to pace. How many times irl do you see games with 20+ shots from one side? Happens all the time in-game, but the % of on target is very accurate.

I knew I'd find the truth somewhere amongst all the garbage;) the FM ME has always produced an unrealistic number of shots per match, this also carries through to FML which uses the same ME but is even more exaggerated because two human managers = 3 times the illogic that a human and an AI one do:D

27 shots - 3 shots

Thats where the issue is. Until AI defending is fixed so that a more realistic number of one on ones, shots, and ccc's occur during a match the only "bandaid fix" for the time being is to make the conversion rate extremely low, otherwise people would be on here complaining about winning every game 9, 10, 11, 12 - nil. At the moment AI defensive logic is horribly broken so SI gave us the lesser of two evils, either cricket score match results or nerf finishing. We got nerfed finishing. Hopefully they'll spend more time fixing ME game logic in FM12 than they will on adding semi-useless features like match preperation.

I knew I'd find the truth somewhere amongst all the garbage;) the FM ME has always produced an unrealistic number of shots per match, this also carries through to FML which uses the same ME but is even more exaggerated because two human managers = 3 times the illogic that a human and an AI one do:D

if you took away blocked shots (didn't count them), then you would come closer to a realistic number of shots per match.

in the op's case his striker has scored 19 goals in 43, so what are you complaining about? he's hardly the best striker, so a goal every other game is not bad. if his finishing was 17+ and composure was 17+, then you may have a point but until then you'll just have to train him harder

This is how it should be. Unfortunately pace and acceleration are way over-powered attributes, coupled with atrocious AI defensive logic it makes it extremely easy to create clear cut chances. If it was much harder to carve open AI defences the game would be so much better, both realistically - and tactically challenging. Fingers crossed they sort it out for FM12.

Thats where the issue is. Until AI defending is fixed so that a more realistic number of one on ones, shots, and ccc's occur during a match the only "bandaid fix" for the time being is to make the conversion rate extremely low, otherwise people would be on here complaining about winning every game 9, 10, 11, 12 - nil. At the moment AI defensive logic is horribly broken so SI gave us the lesser of two evils, either cricket score match results or nerf finishing. We got nerfed finishing. Hopefully they'll spend more time fixing ME game logic in FM12 than they will on adding semi-useless features like match preperation.

You might have a point here, who has 27 shots in a match and creates 14 one on ones?

Yes, I've had over 20 shots in a match but a lot have been wasteful but 14 one on ones? I know I'm not a bad tactician but the most I've seen in my saves is 7/8 on a rare occasion. To create 14 the opposition must be terrible or there is a weakness in the ME that he is taking an advantage of. Then we are back to the issue that was in 11.1? where some chances looked better than what they were. They were shown as CCCs but the ME didn't consider them a good chance hence a high miss rate.

Did a lot of the chances look similar? I presume so as he has said "all 12 i missed went the exact same way wrong side of the post"

At the end of the day without seeing the pkm we are only guessing.

The game is a mess, the patch for transfer update was terrible and caused more problems than it solved, SI really should have put a new update out now everything has settled down, yet they wait half way through the season for fm12 on then it is still has too many bugs and problems, makes no sense, give us a beta to test so we can get rid of it ASAP before release.

Boring......Boring............Boring, it's the same old thing..... If this game annoys you so much then maybe it's time to ditch it, if you're getting annoyed about not being able to kill someone on Black ops and you can't score goals on a 'Simulated' football game then maybe instead of acting like a 12 YEAR OLD (unless you are then don't worry) bin it! Chuck it stick it on ebay but don't moan clearly we live in a time where the little things can affect us but i say chill and stop getting so worked up..... I thought Rooney's goal last night was quite weak a placed shot in the corner against a team of world class players, if it had happened on Fm you would have switched it off for being unrealistic!!!

The game is a mess, the patch for transfer update was terrible and caused more problems than it solved, SI really should have put a new update out now everything has settled down, yet they wait half way through the season for fm12 on then it is still has too many bugs and problems, makes no sense, give us a beta to test so we can get rid of it ASAP before release.

last time they released a beta for the community to test people were more interested in leaking the game than testing, so that will never happen again.

i've never used it, but do they not release a demo?

• 1 month later...

I am always amazed at how many "amazing" managers create tactics that create so many chances, of which most of them are "easy", but the game unfairly impedes them from winning games 15-0.

I say this because interpreting and learning how the match engine works, how to be efficient offensively and defensively, comes with time and a certain element of trial & error. Getting tough results and claiming the game is broken isn't usually indicative of someone with great patience or understanding.

Archived