(FM10) AI managers mentality changing

I've noticed in FM10 that after playing for a while every manager with either an "Attacking" or "Adventurous" mentality will change to "Very Cautious". Mourinho, Ferguson, etc.

Eg:

wenger.jpg

Wenger's preferred formation has changed from 4-3-3 as well but that might be a feature. His adventurousness in the database is 18.

I hope this is just some sort of screen bug because it would be a very annoying bug if it's for real. Maybe it might be time I went and got FM11.

Although, is this problem still present in FM11 does anyone know?

Yes, every manager with attacking/adventurous, after playing the game for a short while.

I've just had a look at Wenger's attributes using the FM Real Time Editor and his attacking attribute is still 18 so HOPEFULLY this is just an irritating display bug.

I tried manually changing Wenger's mentality to 20 with the FMRTE and it still displays "Very Cautious" on his profile, so thankfully it does seem that this is just a tolerable screen bug. It only seems to affect managers, not other backroom staff. I was starting to get paranoid and think SI deliberately put game-killing bugs in the final patch to force you to buy the new game...

What do you mean about the incorrect tactical settings, crouchy?

Maybe it's suggesting that Wenger has played recent games in a defensive or cautious way? I don't know.

As for what I mean, well, my manager profile never seems to match with how my team plays. I am also playing FM10. On my current game for instance, my manager profile says that I play mixed marking, whereas in reality I play zonal marking. Sometimes, it has also indicated that my playing mentality is different to that which I commonly use.

I don't honestly know how these settings work and clearly some of them don't. I have always played global zonal marking and yet it always says mixed on my profile.

I remember one time, on an earlier FM, I was managing a team who played mainly on the break but we scored a lot of goals playing this way. Despite my mentality generally being quite balanced, my profile description suggested that I was attacking or adventurous or something like that. So I began to think maybe it was just simply linked to the number of goals scored or conceded. Tell me, has Wenger's team on your save conceded very few goals, or perhaps not scored many? Just a hypothesis. I could be totally wrong.

I've checked this pretty thoroughly. It doesn't seem to be related to goals scored/conceceded. It does appear to be a bug whereby Attacking/Adventurous mentality is always displayed as Very Cautious. Although not at the very start of a new game.

To be honest, the manager profile screen is pretty useless anyway and badly in need of an overhaul one day. It gives you useless information like "Coaching Style", which was made obselete years ago when they introduced Coaching Attributes. And there's a lot of AI manager attributes that it would be useful to see, like Directness, Width, Dirtiness, Tempo, etc.

Archived